What's new

"The Journey"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I also realized I am in need of a good cutter. I have heard a couple people say "your cigar is only as good as your cutter." That hit home today when my cutter almost costed me a nice Cigar!

Any suggestions?
I've used anything from really nice cutters to okay cutters to v cuts to punches to a tee to knives to my finger to flip the cap. Suggestions depend on how much you want to spend.
Whats a reasonably nice cutter generally run? I mean just from basic research they seem to be anywhere from as low as $1 to upwards of $100

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Today I also realized I am in need of a good cutter. I have heard a couple people say "your cigar is only as good as your cutter." That hit home today when my cutter almost costed me a nice Cigar!

Any suggestions?
A simple xikar cutter will probably set you back about 25$ most places and should work great. Enjoy the journey brother. And giving out your address that easy hahahahahaha. Wait and see what you just did to yourself!!! Lol. I'm gonna follow you on Instagram. I'm the_bloody_nine.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Welcome to the madness! This is a great place with great people and a ton of information. Hopefully all of this will only make your journey more fun. As for the cutter I swear by my Palio. They can be had for around $35 and IMHO are one of the finest around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any suggestions?
A simple xikar cutter will probably set you back about 25$ most places and should work great. Enjoy the journey brother. And giving out your address that easy hahahahahaha. Wait and see what you just did to yourself!!! Lol. I'm gonna follow you on Instagram. I'm the_bloody_nine.

I'll have to check those out. Haha with the world and technology today it's not too hard to find someone anyways!!

Thanks for the follow!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! This is a great place with great people and a ton of information. Hopefully all of this will only make your journey more fun. As for the cutter I swear by my Palio. They can be had for around $35 and IMHO are one of the finest around.
In the time that i have been on the site.. Everyone has been more than helpful!

I will have to check the palio's out!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Might want to look at Xikar and Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter...both have a lifetime warranty and the CCP's can be had for $10.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Enjoy the journey! I have been on mine for a short time as well and I went from a simple ziploc bag with a Boveda pack to a 50ct desktop and now for christmas my gf got me a cabinet humi and I have sonly been working on packing that one up. This is a great place. Welcome! As far as cutters I would get any with a lifetime warranty. Although a friend of mine exclusively uses a knife and I am thinking of heading that route once I can get myself a nice one.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Might want to look at Xikar and Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter...both have a lifetime warranty and the CCP's can be had for $10.
I hear those CCPs are awesome. I have heard stories of people having them for 10+ years. I myself am gonna grab one one of these days. I'm just too in love with my room101 xikar lol

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hear those CCPs are awesome. I have heard stories of people having them for 10+ years. I myself am gonna grab one one of these days. I'm just too in love with my room101 xikar lol
I actually have 2 of the CCP's...they work so well and are idiot proof...you can't make a mistake when cutting your cigar with them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I have an Uzi problem. Also as of late I've been trying out the V-cut. It works out pretty nicely
If you love the MUWAT, have you tried the +11? It's a newer size they released after the others.

Other than the baitfish which is just for quickies, they all come on 60 ring gauge. The +11 they came out with later has a smaller ring gauge a 52.

IMO, this size brings out the absolute best in this brand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Made a trip to the local shop to walk around an pick out a few. Thought I would try and find something that could be considered a quicker smoke. Since I have a handful of bigger cigars. This is what I came up with

The don deigo's are called babies. Anyone ever tried them?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so yesterday I came home to a "care package" from one of the brothers! Very generous brother here..

Shout out to lipher! Can't wait to pick one out to enjoy!

Btw I need a bigger humidor.. Lol

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
You're welcome brother!! make sure you keep those infused either in a bag or separate (tupperdore) from the regular cigars, since the scent/flavors leech.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome brother!! make sure you keep those infused either in a bag or separate (tupperdore) from the regular cigars, since the scent/flavors leech.
Have enjoyed this thread as your journey is about a year behind my own...I am at that point where I could use a second humi, however a new humi = an empty one...and then the cycle continues...

A question raised by the above quote...I know flavored cigars to be kept separate from the general population in the humidor, but what about mixing nc's and cc's in the same humidore (hypothetically).

Looking forward to more posts and following your journey....

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Have enjoyed this thread as your journey is about a year behind my own...I am at that point where I could use a second humi, however a new humi = an empty one...and then the cycle continues...

A question raised by the above quote...I know flavored cigars to be kept separate from the general population in the humidor, but what about mixing nc's and cc's in the same humidore (hypothetically).

Looking forward to more posts and following your journey....
I keep my NC and CC mixed, but most stay in cello. For sticks that arent cellos i alternate when stacking them so I have a layer of cello'ed then non cello'ed and cello'ed again. I'm not sure why i do it but i do :)

If you need "filler" sticks i can send a bunch, once you get the second humi, if needed.