What's new

The KFC Controversy!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
The pre-release was very different and also had a much stronger fire cure smell IMO.
Why call it a pre release and sell it as much, that aggravates me, not only with Drew Estate buy all manufactures
I agree...It's extremely frustrating to get all hyped up about a cigar, jump through the hoops to get some, and then the actual release is either better or worse than the pre-release...Either way, you loose!

Just produce the run...Whether it's limited or not, just run it and then start selling.

I completely get the reasoning behind the pre-release, but again... it just sucks sometimes.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've only had one KFC, that was given to me. It had kind if a waxy aftertaste that I didn't care for so I didn't finish it. I'll give it another shot some other time.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Every one talks about the smell being strong. The one I had didn't have much at all and I have gone back and can't smell anything through the cello. I also have only tried the chunky but will give another vitola a shot to see if I get anything different.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I like them just the way they are. I've bought 2 bundles of each vitola and like them a lot. Plus I'm a big muwat fan. If they were any stouter in smoke flavor I'm not sure id care for them.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This topic in FB was comical. Most of the guys I've interacted with on here are more diverse in what they smoke and there is a lot less talk about infused cigars... Lol

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I'm just glad this KFC controversy doesn't involve sporks or 11 herbs and spices.

My butt puckered- would have ruined my Sunday afternoons for realz. Whew!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This is a lot friendlier conversation on this subject than what happened on FB lol
Yes it is. I can't believe how bad that was. This is a much different group though.
True story Rex this is a classier establishment and that is a great thing, I am looking forward to a no hurt feelings discussion of this thanks again for sharing.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
First of all, this is what makes this place, hands-down, the best online Cigar Community. Having not smoked a pre-release stick I have nothing to compare the ones I am burning through to. All I want JD and crew to do is keep 'em coming.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have only had one so far and I was really nervous about the pre-light smell because it was strong and gross smelling but I actually enjoying smoking it. The burn was perfect for me as well. I will definitely have another one.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks to op for posting that info from JD...It's always interesting to read about what goes into any cigar, KFC included.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
I've never had one but I have to admit that this is a bit suspect. I'll try one eventually but I've got other sticks that I'm dying to try and this one just has too many "meh" reviews. Now I gotta go check out my mans Instagram. Snagged a redneck rest a few months ago btw haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the whole FB, I'm assuming that's Facebook or as I like to call it the Devil, thing. Is it a controversy because DE "claimed" to have long filler and they actually don't or the fact that all DE cigars have it and this one didn't? To me personally, long filler or not if I like the cigar I'm going to smoke it regardless of what's inside or out. I never tried the pre-prodction version of the KFC, but did try the chunky as soon as it was available. The pre-light smell actually made me nauseas, but the smoke was okay, not great, but ok and the burn was actually perfect. ROTT I think it only required one touch up. I liked the Leccia Black much better than the KFC, but I put 2 down for a cedar nap and will see if they improve this summer when I pull them out.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't bother me either way, I enjoy the KFC as something for a change. I don't really think the Leccia Black and KFC should be compared any more than any other cigar though. It's got such a minuscule amount of fire cured in it that it's barely (sometimes not at all) noticeable. It's actually one eighth of a leaf. Apples and Oranges. I will say that i'd like to see an official list of every ingredient from DE on these. It goes hand in hand with the argument for the difference between cigars and cigarettes. We want to know everything in what we're smoking for several reasons.