What's new

The Liga Privada

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I still believe that the LP9 holds its own against a wide spectrum of blends-old and new. No slander from my end. Its a nice blend-plain and simple.

LP9s hype was suppose to die down a while back-it didn't, because its damn good!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've got 2 or 3 pre '11 Ligas in the humi still. At this point have they just become a super mild stick? I haven't smoked them yet as I don't usually have 2.5 hours for a cigar.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
LP9s hype was suppose to die down a while back-it didn't, because its damn good!
Hype has definitely died down, in fact there is no hype anymore. My local used be out of stock on them routinely, now he has stacks of boxes (including the unicos series) that don't turn over much. Same thing online, I see them being discounted regularly.
Unless you like your cigars dipped in glue, it's an average, overpriced cigar.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@MU Mike cant speak to anyone else's experiences (I've never had an lp9 dipped in glue) but the point I was making was that they have such a great following because the cigars are actually good and not because they are htf.

Except in the OPs shop where they obviously sold out fast. As always-ymmv but I've always enjoyed them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The line has changed over the years. I don't think current Liga 9 flavor is as rich as before. I've also purchased a plugged FFP and no 9 in the last few months which had never been an issue with Liga before.

Still one of my favourite sticks despite the above.

TTT

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I've got 2 or 3 pre '11 Ligas in the humi still. At this point have they just become a super mild stick? I haven't smoked them yet as I don't usually have 2.5 hours for a cigar.
They might be really good right now. I've smoked a few aged ligas and while they're not the same powerhouse, there's still a richness to them. They have probably aged out of that fresh sparkle, but they're probably still nice.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They might be really good right now. I've smoked a few aged ligas and while they're not the same powerhouse, there's still a richness to them. They have probably aged out of that fresh sparkle, but they're probably still nice.
Right on, it's supposed to be nice later this week. Maybe I'll burn one during work out on the balcony.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My B&M has boxes upon boxes of Drew Liga line. It's good but over priced. I'm talking boxes...heaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here and there are a few blends that I like but for the most part of you compare today's wrappers to the older ones they are shit. So much lighter it's insane. Info like the newer ratzilla but only because it's much more mellow.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Likewise. My BnM has plenty at $15 to $20 a stick, This is a cigar that, honestly, doesn't do much for me--especially at that price. Kind feels a bit like the nuttiness around Opus X's. Yay, they are good smokes but the same BnM has them between $35 and $50 each. They are not that good IMHO.