What's new

The loss of a wonderful friend

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Such profoundly sad news. Unfortunately I never got to meet Don, but talked to him in chat many times. As Eric so perfectly put it, he was botl. Rest in peace brother. Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones as well.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Don was certainly one of those people that helped me understand what this brotherhood is about. Very sorry to see him go. R.I.P. brother.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I just got word that Don (aka OpenEndStraight) lost his battle with cancer...

He was one of the best, always a kind word, a great guy to smoke with who would always meet you at Casa Fuente if you were in town, and would do anything for a friend...

I remember quite a few great nights smoking, drinking and spending more on cigars (and Tommy Bahama shirts) then we should have...

You will be missed Don :(
That sucks!!!!

I will say a prayer for him and his family.

Rest in Peace Don

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry to hear this he was a great BOTL

Prayers go out to him and his family

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Funny story of how I met Don:

I was on my Honeymoon in Rome Italy and i posted up a topic about what i should be looking for as far as RE while i was out there. Don sends me a PM and says he is in Rome also on vacation. Turns out that he is in the same hotel as me on the same floor and 2 doors down. We end up hanging out together in Rome and enjoy a couple cigars and few drinks. He is a great BOTL and will truly be missed. RIP Don and thought go out to his family.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Funny story of how I met Don:

I was on my Honeymoon in Rome Italy and i posted up a topic about what i should be looking for as far as RE while i was out there. Don sends me a PM and says he is in Rome also on vacation. Turns out that he is in the same hotel as me on the same floor and 2 doors down. We end up hanging out together in Rome and enjoy a couple cigars and few drinks. He is a great BOTL and will truly be missed. RIP Don and thought go out to his family.
Great story man, awesome what a cigar can do for people! I just hate hearing this news and reading this thread... I've lost too many close to me from cancer and it's a terrible thing. My heart goes out to the people that have to go through it and all the family/friends that have to watch their loved one fight this terrible disease.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
So sorry to hear of this news. Condolences to a great brother; may he rest in peace. Prayers for all of his many friends and family in this time of sorrow.

Rating - 98.6%
98   1   0
RIP brother Don. You will be greatly missed. His memory will live on by always remembering the goods times, the laughs shared, the bullshit that was given (and taken), and the true friendships that were made.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Prayers to his family. There are few things worse than slowing watching cancer take the one you love. I hope his family can now rest and know that he is no longer in pain.

I did not know him but he sounds like an awesome brother.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Wow! I cannot believe it...what a huge loss...RIP Don we loved you brother and you will be missed immensely! just wow...way too soon. Was just thinking about him last week...damn...
I was just thinking about him recently as well. Man, this sucks. Don was a true BOTL in every sense. He will be missed.

Hope to see you again in Heaven, Don!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
RIP Don.
This is very sad news. He is one of the fine brothers that made BOTL something I wanted to and am happy to be part of. We have all lost great brother and he will be missed. Prayers go out to his family.