What's new

The Masters 2015

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Woods making the scramble game work somehow. He's been in a couple just horrid spots and still managing to stay around even...Though I hate seeing him chucking clubs and acting like a weenie.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Just watched the rebroadcast of the shot Tiger hit at 12 after dunking his tee shot (see Ryan's post "aqua"). That recovery shot was a hell of a shot. He shows he has a long way to go, but the short game is drastically better although he is a non-factor this week.

A few great rounds, a bunch of solid rounds and we are shapping up for an awesome weekend of golf!

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Love this tournament along with the Phoenix Open as well as the one in La Jolla...I play on those last two courses so I know them intimately. As far as who wins....just let it be competitive and as far as the talking heads.....bring back Johnny Miller cuz I'm sick and tired of these announcers sounding all British with their whispering commentary....when somebody hits a shot that doesn't get into the air...I want to hear somebody call it what it is...snake raper. If they hit it into the bushes I want to hear..."holy $hit...he just Don King'd it." If they miss a short putt I need to hear somebody say..." are you $hitting me...I could have put that in with a 2x4." For crying out loud...make golf more interesting with good color commentary like McCord used to do until the PGA zippered his mouth.
Not sure if everyone knows this or not. Copied from Wikipedia.
"During the network's Masters coverage 21 years ago in 1994, McCord remarked that the 17th green was so fast that it seemed to be "bikini-waxed", and that "body bags" were located behind that green for players who missed their approach shots. Several months later, Augusta National Golf Club used its influence with CBS to have him removed from the Masters commentary team."

He has not been back since.

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd much rather listen to the guys with the accents over "I am better than these guys and they should be able to put it within 3' from 175 without issue, no matter the conditions"

Miller is such a pompous ass, and I can't stand listening to a broadcast with him in it

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Man if Sergio could just putt, I always feel his wheels come off when the weekend hits.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd much rather listen to the guys with the accents over "I am better than these guys and they should be able to put it within 3' from 175 without issue, no matter the conditions"

Miller is such a pompous ass, and I can't stand listening to a broadcast with him in it
Oh yes...nothing spells a great tournamenthan by listening to the Euro snobs with their stilted views of the game from the 1500's and then whispering as if they were 5 feet from the player....if I just taped these vanilla comments for 15 minutes that would cure my insomnia. I don't recall any commentators who ever mentioned how much greater they were than anybody else....what they do is give the "color" commentary of each shot and the terrain and other important things that all come into play. To gloss over this info with British accents and whispering it is like having your Mother slap your hands at the dinner table because you didn't use the right f'n silverware. Feherty at least is one who puts in great commentary and will call the shot and the player no matter...the others are pretty much commentators on Ambien.

Not sure if everyone knows this or not. Copied from Wikipedia.
"During the network's Masters coverage 21 years ago in 1994, McCord remarked that the 17th green was so fast that it seemed to be "bikini-waxed", and that "body bags" were located behind that green for players who missed their approach shots. Several months later, Augusta National Golf Club used its influence with CBS to have him removed from the Masters commentary team."

He has not been back since.
Yep....that's what I was trying to bring up...I love McCord because he is adept at calling a tournament with insight and humor for us everyday players who "get it".....not those stuffed shirts who measure their pant inseams and pull out their USGA rules every other shot.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I think Waste Management is actually one of his sponsors, he wears the green glove pretty regularly
Ahh, I was liking the idea of some bold flair. When he had his old haircut he did look like he may work for Waste Management. :)

Last edited: