the next monster "Jason"

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
May have to try for a dressed and an undressed
Sorry man. The only way you can get in in these, is if you've bought a dress box each year previously.
Not true
It's damn close you'll have to put in work to get on a list and a lot of retailers won't sell if you haven't bought from them in the past. And some will only sell in person.

I'm pretty tight with my B&M owner and we talked about these right after Ipcpr. He told me I'll have one if I want it. He also told me this so called "list of random retailers" is bullshit. The distribution basically goes by sales territories. Depending upon size of territory and amount of B&M's that sell sizeable
Amounts of Tatuaje. My local happens to have over 2500 facings( brand,size&line) of cigars. So he holds some pretty good weight in his territory. So don't let the fictious list get you down, it's pre-determined.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry man. The only way you can get in in these, is if you've bought a dress box each year previously.
Not true
It's damn close you'll have to put in work to get on a list and a lot of retailers won't sell if you haven't bought from them in the past. And some will only sell in person.

I'm pretty tight with my B&M owner and we talked about these right after Ipcpr. He told me I'll have one if I want it. He also told me this so called "list of random retailers" is bullshit. The distribution basically goes by sales territories. Depending upon size of territory and amount of B&M's that sell sizeable
Amounts of Tatuaje. My local happens to have over 2500 facings( brand,size&line) of cigars. So he holds some pretty good weight in his territory. So don't let the fictious list get you down, it's pre-determined.
bullshit or not, there are only 666 dress boxes. Across the US that equals less than 14 in each state! just sayin

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Not true

bullshit or not, there are only 666 dress boxes. Across the US that equals less than 14 in each state! just sayin
According to 1/2wheel they only release 600 boxes to stores.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
According to 1/2wheel they only release 600 boxes to stores.
Shit. That site makes up as much of their information as I do.

I was just trying to be a smartass. Honestly, I can't believe it took that long for someone to 'correct' me (and sadly, I was hoping it would have been done with more flair). However, as Crypto pointed out, it really isn't far from the truth. I've been buying Monster Dress boxes ever since the Frank. I also think that first one, was one of three that I managed to get on my own. The rest were all sourced out by friends for me. I've had several shops promise a dress, but send a non dress (like that shop up in CT that was on the list last year) and others that would take me credit card info, only to never call me again. All in all, if you really want a box-they aren't THAT hard to find. Make a few phone calls, ask a few friends, and then worst case-wait a few weeks till people realized they overspent that month and put them up for sale online.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
The box is cool and all, but I'm more interested in how they taste.
this right here! dress boxes are cool and all, and bragging rights, or hoarder's pride, or whatevs, but you can't smoke the box or band. end of the day, everyone will put out an OK smoke or dud once in a while, but the combo of johnson and the garcias put out a higher than average win ratio with their blends. i am looking forward to the smoke itself.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
this right here! dress boxes are cool and all, and bragging rights, or hoarder's pride, or whatevs, but you can't smoke the box or band. end of the day, everyone will put out an OK smoke or dud once in a while, but the combo of johnson and the garcias put out a higher than average win ratio with their blends. i am looking forward to the smoke itself.
Java speaks no lies!! Johnson + Garcias= Yum

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
this here

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having the box for the shelf (though budget is too tight with a roommate moving out on me) but I rather have an awesome cigar that came in a brown paper bag then a dud in a sweet box.

That said, I like almost all of what Pete puts out, and he's a nice, generous dude in person. I wouldn't feel shorted if the Jason wasn't to my flavor profile, and usually it hits the mark. Where it stands, I certainly will get a fiver if I can scrape the funds, but not more unless its amazing.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Very true J. I am sure they will pop up several places from resellers and all that. Congrats on getting all the dresses by the way, they must look cool all together huh?
They get old. Even on a fancy lit shelf with green beveled glass.
Without pics your words are meaningless! :tonguerol :nodlaugh:

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
So is there like a specific list of individuals who can buy them? Did it start off as like invitation only or something? Lol.

I'm new to the limited cigars eventhough I've been smoking for awhile so sorry if these are stupid questions.