What's new

The Ninja has arrived! New guy from WA.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Hey all! "lilninjabuddy" here.

Some of you may know me from some of the other cigar forums I frequent, but for those of you who don't know me, my name is Derek.

I'm a 28-yr old doofus from WA state. Korean by birth, adopted by a Japanese mom and an Irish-welsh dad, and married to a Norwegian. So my kids are Korean-Norwegian with Japanese first names and a Welsh last name.

I'm a husband of one delightful woman, and father of three equally delightful-but-slightly-more-demanding children: A 4yr old girl, a 3yr old boy, and a little baby girl due in August!

My main hobbies are spending time with my wife and kids, and being involved in my church. I actually smoke most often with a core group of guys from my church, which is a great blessing.

I've been smoking cigars for around 3 years. I'm a huge fan of maduros, but have also been enjoying the slide down the ISOM slope. I love strong, bold flavor for the most part (IE the Liga Privada No.9 and the A Fuente Anejo 46, two of my all-time favorites), but I don't care for habano wrappers, or cigars with weird, "eastern spice" flavors (IE the Illusione MJ12 or the Punch Uppercut). I have enjoyed some lighter NCs recently, especially the My Father toro, which blew my socks off!

My favorites list for NCs includes Fuente, Padron, and especially Liga Privada. My favorite stick is the Liga Privada No. 9. For CCs, I'm in love with the Montecristo #2, but I've really enjoyed Bolivars and Partegas too.

I tend to smoke about twice a week on a good week, usually it's closer to once a week. I limit myself to three at max, though, as I want to always enjoy tobacco as a hobby, and not as a vice.

I prefer 5 great sticks to 20 good sticks. Because of that (and limited finances - our baby due in August is already proving to be quite expensive!!!) I only have a stash of around 150 sticks, although I'm planning on slowly increasing that over the next couple years as finances allow.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Looking forward to being here!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome, sounds like you have already had some great smoking experiences. Enjoy your stay... It is truly a great place. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hello

4, 3 and one on the way, damn man! I hear you on the demanding part, I have a 4.5 year old who thinks he is the boss of the house, LOL.

Your spot on with the smoking, that's about me, 1-3 a week. I really don't have anymore time.

Anyway, nice intro and I'll see you around.

Best

James

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Welcome to the forum brother! Where in Washington are you at? I am in Kent and a lot of us meet up in Fife at Smokey Joes.