What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
FYI, the Joya Red is the least good of the Joya line, the Cabinetta & Atano lines are better cigars. I'm just saying make sure you smoke one before you go long on the Red line.
The Red has become my favorite in the Joya line. I was a big Antano fan, but the Cabinetta never did anything for me. Once I tried the Red I was hooked. But like they say, to each his own!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I find these two quotes interesting ...

ascrivner said:
"FYI, the Joya Red is the least good of the Joya line, the Cabinetta & Atano lines are better cigars. I'm just saying make sure you smoke one before you go long on the Red line."
and ...

04EDGE40 said:
"The Red has become my favorite in the Joya line. I was a big Antano fan, but the Cabinetta never did anything for me. Once I tried the Red I was hooked. But like they say, to each his own!"
@ ascrivner, I humbly suggest that this is a "deal" thread, not a "which cigar is better" thread. And your suggestion about the Antano is apples to oranges anyway, as those cigars cost 33% more than the Reds. I could respond that the Crowned Heads Headley Grange is a 'better cigar' than the Joya Antano, but that would be silly for two reasons ... that cigar, in turn, is 34% more expensive than the Antano, and you may like the Antano better. This is a totally subjective thing. And I like the Joya Reds as my "everyday" cigar, may replace the Hoyo Excalibur for me. I'm not looking for the top of the line Joya, I'm looking for a good, mid-priced everyday cigar, and in keeping with this thread's topic I think getting it along with 15 premium cigars all for $2.60 a stick was a great deal.

I have only been here a day, and I don't want to start out stirring pots, but on any forum, I like posts to relate to the OP topic, and cigar comparisons don't fit this thread. Now, if you had posted about finding the Joya Antano's for 33% off, that would have been on point! Just sayin'.

@04EDGE40, you get it! Not because you like the Red, but because of your comment, "to each his own".

Again, ascrivner, not trying to poke you unecessarily, but I think etiquette would demand that you not pass judgement on a guy's post of finding a great cigar deal in a cigar deal thread by critiquing his choice of cigar. Shouldn't that be in the comparison threads.

And, by way of apologizing for this threadjack, you can get that same deal (FREE 15 premium cigar sampler) with a box of Joya Antano Toro's (5.5 x54, close to the Red Robusto) for $123, or $3.50 per stick! Seeing as how the Antano's are normally $6.15 per stick that's a deal!

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/11345/joya-de-nicaragua-antano-dark-corojo/

I think that's how it's done, at least in this thread. :)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
The Red has become my favorite in the Joya line. I was a big Antano fan, but the Cabinetta never did anything for me. Once I tried the Red I was hooked. But like they say, to each his own!
Same here. Never been a big cabinetta fan. I've always enjoyed the antanos, but the red is a new favorite.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
So if I am reading this correctly, the Red is different than anything else in the Joya line and as such it will likely be your fav or least fav. But how does it compare to a VSG?
(n)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I find these two quotes interesting ...

and ...

@ ascrivner, I humbly suggest that this is a "deal" thread, not a "which cigar is better" thread. And your suggestion about the Antano is apples to oranges anyway, as those cigars cost 33% more than the Reds. I could respond that the Crowned Heads Headley Grange is a 'better cigar' than the Joya Antano, but that would be silly for two reasons ... that cigar, in turn, is 34% more expensive than the Antano, and you may like the Antano better. This is a totally subjective thing. And I like the Joya Reds as my "everyday" cigar, may replace the Hoyo Excalibur for me. I'm not looking for the top of the line Joya, I'm looking for a good, mid-priced everyday cigar, and in keeping with this thread's topic I think getting it along with 15 premium cigars all for $2.60 a stick was a great deal.

I have only been here a day, and I don't want to start out stirring pots, but on any forum, I like posts to relate to the OP topic, and cigar comparisons don't fit this thread. Now, if you had posted about finding the Joya Antano's for 33% off, that would have been on point! Just sayin'.

@04EDGE40, you get it! Not because you like the Red, but because of your comment, "to each his own".

Again, ascrivner, not trying to poke you unecessarily, but I think etiquette would demand that you not pass judgement on a guy's post of finding a great cigar deal in a cigar deal thread by critiquing his choice of cigar. Shouldn't that be in the comparison threads.
We're a pretty easy-going bunch around here, I wouldn't be too quick to make a big deal about a little off-topic chatter.

I think askrivner was probably just disappointed by the JDN Red and wanted to give a heads up to anyone else lookin at them, which I appreciate.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So if I am reading this correctly, the Red is different than anything else in the Joya line and as such it will likely be your fav or least fav. But how does it compare to a VSG?
(n)
Absolutely different than anything else they've made. It's opposite end of the spectrum to their other cigars if you ask me. I think I remember Juan saying in one of his interviews that it was meant to appeal more to the younger DE style crowd. It's much milder than their other offerings, no doubt about that.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Generally my ill considered comments come from my experience as well as some of that of other herfdogs, I think I left myself an out by saying, "Try one, before you go long..." I don't find any of the complexity found in the other Joya lines in the Red line, and that's a flavor component I prize pretty highly. I don't think there is an etiquette issue here, I was discussing the deal, the other Joya lines were in the deal, and I'd always send a brother to the other lines if asked. I wasn't asked, but since this is a cigar forum, I just throw my $.02 in whenever I feel like it. To each his own is the rule. But I'll stand by my comment that for me, the Red is the least good of the lines. Joya is coming out with a new stick during IPCPR which is really good, and is as classic Joya as you could find.

Also here I am having dinner with Dr. Cuenca, I'm taking the photo, heh:

Last edited:

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We're a pretty easy-going bunch around here, I wouldn't be too quick to make a big deal about a little off-topic chatter.

I think askrivner was probably just disappointed by the JDN Red and wanted to give a heads up to anyone else lookin at them, which I appreciate.
Blessed are the peacemakers!

BTW, JCinPA, I've spent a lot of time on every cigar forum out there. I stayed here because BOTL was, is, and hopefully will be the least confrontational forum on the internet. I also think it's impossible to 'threadjack' a thread with 423 pages behind it. It has a life of its own and goes where it will. Live and let live, man! Damn it, now I'm sounding confrontational!!! :(

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There was a ok deal on the la aroma mi amore reserva from field supply..... but had an issue with the lapyap going through...any one have any dealins with them?****** Edit Lapyap that pay site...lol .... i think i answered my own question. ..i cant pay for cigars with lapyap.... correct?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
There was a ok deal on the la aroma mi amore reserva from field supply..... but had an issue with the lapyap going through...any one have any dealins with them? Lapyap that pay site...lol
I've bought some non cigar items from them with no issue. I don't see any la aroma on their site, they probably ran out before your order was processed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did get a confirmation email from field supply and an email from praypal saying....

We’ve placed a temporary pending status on this f $XXX.xx USD
Transaction ID: DXXXXXXXXXXXX
To comply with government regulations, PrayPal is required to review certain transactions. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review only involves this transaction and does not affect the use of your PrayPal account.

I use praypal alot and never got a message like this before.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WTF??

Dear ken XXXXXXX,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PrayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.

PrayPal's Compliance Department has reviewed your account and identified
activity that may be in violation of United States regulations administered
by the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).

PrayPal is committed to complying with and meeting its global regulatory
obligations. One obligation is to ensure that our customers, merchants, and
partners are also in compliance with applicable laws and regulations,
including those set forth by OFAC, in their use of PrayPal.

To ensure that activity and transactions comply with current regulations,
PrayPal is requesting that you provide the following information via email
to compliancetransactions@praypal.com:

1. Purpose of payment XXXXXXXXXX attempted on June XX, 2015 in
the amount ofSXX.XX, including a complete and detailed explanation of the
goods or services you intended to purchase.

Please go to our Resolution Center to provide this information. To find the
Resolution Center, log in to your account and click the Resolution Center
subtab. Click Resolve under the Action column and follow the instructions.

If we don't hear from you by June 25, 2015, we will limit what you can do
with your account until the issue is resolved.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We apologize for any
inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Rob
PrayPal Compliance Department

© 2015 PrayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. lapyap is located at 2211 N. First
St., San Jose, CA 95131

WTF is this???