What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume they recently went to some kind of verification service, and if something either didn't match up or they were unable to verify they now require a manual verification.
Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Too many other e-tailers where all I need is a valid credit card. Oh well. Not that JR would care about losing me as a customer.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Too many other e-tailers where all I need is a valid credit card. Oh well. Not that JR would care about losing me as a customer.
They're big enough that they probably got legal council that recommended they protect themselves from possibly selling to underage people.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At JR, crazy sale. I got free shipping too. Don't know if it is a screw up on their end, but a dojoer posted and I jumped on a box. Make sure you set it to box of twenty. I've never had these, but I like Rm 101, so could pass it up for the price. A box for the price of a fiver.
https://www.jrcigars.com/item/room-101-cigars/room-101-ltd-conjura/no-50/roomc505

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never bought from JR ... but for a $1 a tick it's worth it. If they are below average, they will get used on a windy day at the golf course.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Fantastic deal but what is this crap that they need a copy of my driver's license to complete the order?

I've been ordering from JR since 2007. My last order was about a year ago. When did they start requiring this "age verification"?
I have never been asked for age verification from JR other than the "by checking this box..." I only started buying from them a couple months ago.
Not to sidetrack but found a review. I had no idea that Matt Booth was formerly in the CIA. Katman's a trip.
https://kohnhed.com/2013/02/14/cigar-review-room-101-conjura-limited/
Sorry for wrecking ya'll freezes. Next time I'll keep them all for ME. :cigar:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Included...I checked out as a guest.
Cool....I just ordered a box of each size.

They didn't ask me for age verification either other than filling in my age and checking the box saying I was older than 21. Maybe it was because I checked out with P-pal?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0

They didn't ask me for age verification either other than filling in my age and checking the box saying I was older than 21. Maybe it was because I checked out with P-pal?
I think that might be the case. Ordered the rob & just had to check the box. Haven't had one in a few years. Hope they're still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

It's cause you're ancient and everyone knows it.

:)

Can we keep this thread clear of all the side chatter for those who are looking for deals? (not just talking to you Rupe.)