What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Just got a shipping confirmation from Holts. Shipping for was 1 unit not the ordered 2. Called them and they said they oversold and would not be able to fulfill the full order. They offered me a replacement sampler, anything on their one day flash sale for the 23.95 I paid. I thought that was a good business practice. I figured they would not sub the opus x sampler so asked for the Ashton’s or My Fathers. The rep promptly rescinded her prior offer and told me the sub would need to be for equal or less value or they could take 23.95 off a more expensive one. Terrible experience, them overselling their inventory to start, making offers they refuse to honor, and finally not doing anything to remedy their mistake to entice a first time customer to order with them again. I’ve now burned half an hour and three phone calls for nothing. I will not ever be ordering from Holts again. I hear the customer service at Fox is much better, maybe I’ll try them out.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just got a shipping confirmation from Holts. Shipping for was 1 unit not the ordered 2. Called them and they said they oversold and would not be able to fulfill the full order. They offered me a replacement sampler, anything on their one day flash sale for the 23.95 I paid. I thought that was a good business practice. I figured they would not sub the opus x sampler so asked for the Ashton’s or My Fathers. The rep promptly rescinded her prior offer and told me the sub would need to be for equal or less value or they could take 23.95 off a more expensive one. Terrible experience, them overselling their inventory to start, making offers they refuse to honor, and finally not doing anything to remedy their mistake to entice a first time customer to order with them again. I’ve now burned half an hour and three phone calls for nothing. I will not ever be ordering from Holts again. I hear the customer service at Fox is much better, maybe I’ll try them out.

Sorry about that, sounds like the same situation that happened to me with JR Cigars with the Room 101 fiasco last year

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Not your fault, lol. I was just floored that the rep repeatedly told me that it’s not Holt’s fault that they took too many orders? Soooooo, who’s fault is it?!? Mine?

I’ve been in retail sales and customer service long enough to have absolutely no patience for a company not willing to own up when they make a mistake. Everyone screws up, what defines the business is how it’s handled.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Soooooo, who’s fault is it?!? Mine?

I’ve been in retail sales and customer service long enough to have absolutely no patience for a company not willing to own up when they make a mistake. Everyone screws up, what defines the business is how it’s handled.
I agree 110%!!!