What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
i toyed around with the idea of trying to find a fridge that would hold my two wineadors. If you can manage it,separating the regulation of temp and rh would absolutely seem the best way to go. A lot of guys I've seen put a whole bunch of tupperdors inside a refrigerator with an ETC rigged to keep the temp at 65. I don't like the idea of a bunch of small tupperdors, but I've thought several times about trying to rig some type of larger sealed storage compartment inside a refrigerator or freezer with an ETC.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
[QrUOTE="javelin377, post: 1564674, member: 15058"]I like the idea of standing on its end. Might have to do that.

[/QUOTE]Basically turns it into a cabinet and is super convenient. You will need to raise it up or else it will sit on its handle and won't be steady. I bought 4 cheap bricks from Home Depot, two on either side of the handle, and it's quite steady,

The second things is that you may want to anchor it to the wall somehow. Since mine is in the basement, I simply put an eye bolt in the wall right above it and then ran some framing/hanging wire around the handle and through the eye bolt.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
After looking at all of the cool pics I thought I should get a better cooler. The one I am using did not have slots for shelfs. I went to Wally World and there was the 150 quart model I was looking for. Dang thing did not have the slots for shelfs. Time for a road trip to check out Gander Mountain. Nothing but $300.00 coolers. I thought I may as well check out another Wally World to see what they had for selection. Low and behold all of there 150 had slots. Grab one and check out and the price was $62.97 which was a bonus because the shelf said 72.97. Got it all washed up and will wait till later this week to cut up shelfs and load it up.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Almi, can I make two quick suggestions? Get some activated carbon from a pet store (it will be in the aquarium aisle with all the filter stuff) and let a large bowl of it sit in the cooler (with the lid closed) for three or four days. This will absorb any of the plastic smells that may be in the cooler.

When I got my cooler, I could definitely smell plastic but a lot of the guys here didn't, so YMMV. However, it won't hurt anything so I always suggest doing it out of an abundance of caution.

Secondly, when you buy the wire shelving, don't forget to buy the plastic caps to slip on the cut ends of the shelves. First, it will prevent scratching up the plastic wall of the cooler but it will also help the shelves stay in place.

Oh yeah, post those pics when you're done!

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Almi, can I make two quick suggestions? Get some activated carbon from a pet store (it will be in the aquarium aisle with all the filter stuff) and let a large bowl of it sit in the cooler (with the lid closed) for three or four days. This will absorb any of the plastic smells that may be in the cooler.

When I got my cooler, I could definitely smell plastic but a lot of the guys here didn't, so YMMV. However, it won't hurt anything so I always suggest doing it out of an abundance of caution.

Secondly, when you buy the wire shelving, don't forget to buy the plastic caps to slip on the cut ends of the shelves. First, it will prevent scratching up the plastic wall of the cooler but it will also help the shelves stay in place.

Good ideas even thou the cooler did not seem to have much odor. I still washed it out with a bunch of baking soda with a shot of Dawn. I wanted to add some peroxcide but we were out. Kinda a homemade Oxy clean thing.
Those small caps you are talking about. Just where would I find those? I like the idea of putting those on just not sure if I have ever seen them. Found some nice little containers in the shelfing dept. that will hold some of my sticks.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Good ideas even thou the cooler did not seem to have much odor. I still washed it out with a bunch of baking soda with a shot of Dawn. I wanted to add some peroxcide but we were out. Kinda a homemade Oxy clean thing.
Those small caps you are talking about. Just where would I find those? I like the idea of putting those on just not sure if I have ever seen them. Found some nice little containers in the shelfing dept. that will hold some of my sticks.
Should be in the same area as the wire shelving mounting accessories. They're specifically meant to cover the cut parts of the shelves when you cut to fit in a closet.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

wish I would have saw that sooner, I just left mine open for about a week (studying for finals) in the game room and it literally went from plastic hell to nothing...good looking out for the other brothers...