What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hello Everyone

I know there is a lot of these post but thought it would be good to have an Official thread just for Coolidors.... That way hopefully we can get them all on one thread so there not so hard to find

This thread is for "Coolidors" only

Please when you post your pictures state what Brand/Size cooler your using

Thanks

Clint

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks to the brothers here helping me get my first coolidor around so I guess I will start the thread

Coleman 150 quart Xtreme Cooler walmart $70
4ft Closet shelving from walmart $14
ExquisiCat Crystals $12 petsmart

After a good cleaning I cut my shelving down 1-4ft peace made 3 perfect shelves

Need to go to my local B&M and get some more empty box's to help the seasoning process but im scared everytime I go there I spend spend spend lol

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks for the idea and making me go for the bigger one lol already have 11 box's coming

also found 2 new old stock oust fans

I see you don't have any fan's in yours it work good without?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Thanks for the idea and making me go for the bigger one lol already have 11 box's coming

Depending on the frequency with which you open it and how long you keep it open, you may not need a fan. The act of opening the door will cause a lot of air movement and that should be sufficient.

You will also need to be careful about where you place the beads/KL if you load the shelves up with solid bottom boxes. If, for example, you put your KL on the bottom of the coolidor and you have completely covered the next shelf up with boxes, then there is no air flow and the humidified air will have a hard time reaching the rest of the interior.

As I plan out my coolidor, I keep thinking about a fan but I don't want a computer fan (which would be cheap and easy) as it moves too much air. I wan't something akin to a slow moving ceiling fan that gently circulates the air.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I tend to get in it daily. But I am making a fan out of a computer case fan and a speed controller. Just being lazy about it. No problems though so far.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0

Depending on the frequency with which you open it and how long you keep it open, you may not need a fan. The act of opening the door will cause a lot of air movement and that should be sufficient.

You will also need to be careful about where you place the beads/KL if you load the shelves up with solid bottom boxes. If, for example, you put your KL on the bottom of the coolidor and you have completely covered the next shelf up with boxes, then there is no air flow and the humidified air will have a hard time reaching the rest of the interior.

As I plan out my coolidor, I keep thinking about a fan but I don't want a computer fan (which would be cheap and easy) as it moves too much air. I wan't something akin to a slow moving ceiling fan that gently circulates the air.
Ya im planning box storage in mine so it wont be opened all the time,, so I went on the hunt and found the oust fans kick on for 1 min off for 15

If I couldn't of found them I would of just rigged a computer fan on a timer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Question for the cooler guys, if you put a little kitty litter on each shelf do you still need fans in the unit??

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Looks great! Question for the cooler guys, if you put a little kitty litter on each shelf do you still need fans in the unit??
I use 1lb at the bottom with fan pushing up.... I dont think I would want that much KL in my cooler due to dust.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Thanks guys - yeah, I have more than enough old computers lying around the house - yanking the fan out of one of them should be easy enough and adding the controller.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I use 1lb at the bottom with fan pushing up.... I dont think I would want that much KL in my cooler due to dust.
I keep a coffin of KL on each shelf in my wineador. Never had any dust issues.

I'd probably recommend against the mesh bags on each shelf though, that probably would result in dust problems.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've been collecting those plastic containers from Chinese take-out to hold my KL. Not as pretty as cigar boxes (I've only ordered one box so I only have one) but they are the perfect size and will offer a fair amount of surface area.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
the Coffins are a good idea. Right now I have a big tray on the bottom of mine it perty much takes up the hole bottom have probably 1.5-2lbs in it and its 1-1/2inchs deep

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a coffin of KL on each shelf in my wineador. Never had any dust issues.

I'd probably recommend against the mesh bags on each shelf though, that probably would result in dust problems.

Can you post a pic of the coffin filled with KL? Thanks!