What's new

The "Official Show Your Coolidor" Thread

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually found them at a local bnm. They are 19.5x13x2 I have 3 trays and this is a 100qt igloo I found for cheap
A cool, thanks. Trying to find some temp shelves until I can get drawers for the wineador.
If it only temp. Just use some cedar boxes from ur bnm. I'm sure u can get a couple for like $2-$3 each. Should be a great buffer while u wait for your real shelves.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nice, what shelves are those? Size?
I actually found them at a local bnm. They are 19.5x13x2 I have 3 trays and this is a 100qt igloo I found for cheap
They look custom built! Perfect fit and everything.
Yes I was excited to see how well they fit. But it's also ur fault cuz I'm hunting for culebra or toast coffins!! Such an awesome idea. I have some ave Maria reconquista coffins I'm using now but the larger ones look too good to pass up!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If it only temp. Just use some cedar boxes from ur bnm. I'm sure u can get a couple for like $2-$3 each. Should be a great buffer while u wait for your real shelves.
Already been there done that, I just like things in shelves. Also not sure how long until I order the drawers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Already been there done that, I just like things in shelves. Also not sure how long until I order the drawers.
Yea I feel u man. My friend used the ones for the ammodor kit if that's any help. Also there's plenty on amazon for a good price if u haven't already checked that out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. Its a 28qt cooler and I'm using beads I got off eBay. Took me a while to get humidity dialed in but its now sitting at a steady 68%.

Have to lock it as I got a 3 & 2yr old.

Its not much but its a start.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Good start! What are the dimensions of the inside? You might be able to fit some cheaphumidors.com trays in there.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Good start! What are the dimensions of the inside? You might be able to fit some cheaphumidors.com trays in there.
Thanks! I've been looking but all that i find are too big. I am open to any suggestions
Have some custom built, build your own, or ditch that cooler even though you just got it and get a Coleman 28qt on Amazon for $25 that will fit four of the cheaphumdors.com trays perfectly.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Thanks! I've been looking but all that i find are too big. I am open to any suggestions
Have some custom built, build your own, or ditch that cooler even though you just got it and get a Coleman 28qt on Amazon for $25 that will fit four of the cheaphumdors.com trays perfectly.
This man speaks the truth!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build my own, now we talking. Know any good online places to order some Spanish cedar from?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about it and went with the upgrade. Got a 52qt cooler for $25. Wire shelves from home depot for $6, cut to fit. Breathable trays from 99 cents store. This should last me a bit while trying to stay with in monthly budget.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Very nice stash! Are those KFC's in the bag in the second photo? Does the fire-cured aroma leak out at all?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, When they're still in the cello you can't smell the aroma at all, plus I keep them in a ziplock just to keep it all organized, so I'm not worried about it. If they were out by themselves not in cello I probably wouldn't keep them with everything else.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have a tupperdor & a spare fridge in my garage that goes unused most of the year... Would putting the tupperdor in the fridge give the same effect?
Not really needed now, with cooler weather coming, but might be a good idea for next summer?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's kind of what I do with my wineador, my house gets too hot and the cooler has to be really cold and it kills the rh. For the summer all my cigars are inside tupperware with kitty litter till it cools down. Starting the transition of going back to the drawers now that it's cooling down. Just keep your fridge on the highest setting so it keeps the inside of the tuppers to the right temp.