What's new

The wait begins.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Sending in my down payment on a Mink'd CZ SP01 Shadow today.

It's only a 2 month wait, +/-. But, it's going to feel like a year.

Anybody buy any new toys recently?

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Wish I could have a gun here without jumping through thousands of hoops

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I love CZ's.... sadly I had to sell my CA legal SP01 to pay for a new fridge. Hopefully one will be back in the stable soon.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I know ALL SP01s are hard to come by right now, Shadow and non-Shadow.

Hopefully the pipeline opens up a bit in 2014.

Tentative build list, for those interested. Still thinking out the details.
CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow w/3 magazines
Race trigger job with CZ Custom competition hammer, 13 mainspring, internal work and polishing, shortened trigger reset, 6.5# DA, 2# SA
CZ Custom short reset trigger system installed
CZ Custom extended firing pin and factory reduced power firing pin spring
Reliability package - polished ramp, breechface, cartridge rail, and a cut slide stop
Dawson fiber front sight & CZ Custom fixed tactical rear sight
VZ grips
Small safeties
85 Combat trigger
Shipped to your dealer or AR sale sales tax included

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wasn't expecting it, but I've seen CZ's run like sewing machines at 3000rd count 2-day classes. Enjoy!

edit: Rub all the grease off and run it dry until it fails. Many would like to see how long it runs. I have a 9mm HK P30 that ran dry for just shy of 2500rds without lube or cleaning before the first failure. :applause: Corrected the stovepipe, sprayed on a tiny bit of lube and it was good to go!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My POS M&P made it through a 1500 round count 2-day class without a problem. If this gun can't do that, I'm going to be having a very angry conversation with AA. Thankfully, I'm more than confident in their abilities.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
In response to your "any new toys?" q: I have these puppies awaiting stamps:

Also contemplating another .45 purchase. Probably the FNX-45 tacti-cool in FDE w/ RDS. Got to source about 20 mags for it first.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Also contemplating another .45 purchase. Probably the FNX-45 tacti-cool in FDE w/ RDS. Got to source about 20 mags for it first.
Did FN get their heads out of their rears on the mags for those?

I had an FNP-45, and wanted to like it very much. But, the mags were sooooooooo awful. I was embarrassed for them.
If they fixed the design for the FNX, that thing is good to go.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

I had an FNP-45, and wanted to like it very much. But, the mags were sooooooooo awful. I was embarrassed for them.
Fixed. And mags are not interchangeable w/ the FNP so FNP owners can't benefit from the improvements. :(

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

Fixed. And mags are not interchangeable w/ the FNP so FNP owners can't benefit from the improvements. :(
Not surprising. But, I'm glad they got that worked out.
Big guns? Yeah. But they're not so big that they're not really usable (Mk23, Desert Eagle, etc) for core handgun uses.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

Not surprising. But, I'm glad they got that worked out.
Big guns? Yeah. But they're not so big that they're not really usable (Mk23, Desert Eagle, etc) for core handgun uses.
Word. The FNX/P 45/HK45/G21 all fit great in my girly little hands. Solid guns all!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sending in my down payment on a Mink'd CZ SP01 Shadow today.

It's only a 2 month wait, +/-. But, it's going to feel like a year.

Anybody buy any new toys recently?
great pistol! i have a new STI Trojan in 40sw waiting in jail right now, will be ready for pick up next week :)

Matt Mink makes a great CZ, i think better than Angus. You do any USPSA or IDPA shooting?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
300 and .50 beo. On the table right now. Long term projects so it's wide open
Dude - please start another thread on the .50 Beowulf - want to see pix!!!
If I go that route I will... I'm just here

Right now. Like I said its wide open they are long term projects I just needed to get them before October 1 (new md gun laws) so whichever way I go you know ill post build progress and I'm open to suggestions. I have an mp15x in 556 already

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Damn Alex, that thing looks sweet! you will have to bring it on out and help me work on my pistol skills again sometime!

i just picked up a new "toy", a Benelli Supernova 12. i shot a 50 bird sporting clay course with it today and was giddy on how awesome that shotgun is, the recoil reduction is insane, not only that but Benelli makes one solid firearm!