What's new

The Worst Cigar(s) You Ever Smoked

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Although I am a newbie, I have experienced my share of dog turds. I mean cigars so bad that I gave thought to licking my dog's rear end to get the taste out of my mouth after having smoked them.

I started to name this post the Worst Cigar and then it hit me, there have been lots of them in the early stages of this love affair.

So here's my list:

Thompson Vintage Especial - tasted like crap, burned like weed and if I close my eyes I can still taste it.

Acid Kuba Kuba - If I wanted syrup I would have ordered pancakes. If I ever see the person who recommended it, I plan to slap them!

Cusana 18 Natural - Simply tasted like hay... yuck

Ashta or Asta - The guy in the B&M must have known I was new and he prefered that I never come back. Just a horrible stick.

The unfortunate thing for me is that I was new and was of the opinion that you smoke it to the end whether you like it or not as it may get better.

The things we do when we do not know any better.

So what's yours?

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
so far, anything Rocky Patel,yuck, but I love the Edge. favorite missile corojo.
RyJ NC's don't really do it for me, haven't had a CC yet. I actually started my hobby with the reserva real, but now it's just too mild.
Not a big Ghurka fan, some are nice, I can't rave about any of them.

other cigars come to mind, but it's not always about hating it, it's just sometimes about them not living up to the hype

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Some Tesoro thing that I couldn't stand for more than a minute. I bought 'em in a cheap bundle (mistake #1), and I threw the rest out. Turns out someone in my dorm fished through the trash and found 'em, as I saw the same sticks being smoked by a bunch of folks who didn't seem to know any better. Gross.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Turns out someone in my dorm fished through the trash and found 'em, as I saw the same sticks being smoked by a bunch of folks who didn't seem to know any better.
:rofl:

The first cigar I ever smoked was the worst! It was a drugstore cigar (I have no idea what brand) that a friend had given me to celebrate something or other. It sat in a dresser drawer in cello for probably 10 years, no kidding. Somewhere around the middle of the cigar boom I figured I'd smoke it to see what all of the fuss was about. Good lord it was horrible! Tasteless, hot, nothing but crap. I threw it away after maybe 15 minutes. I'm surprised that I ever picked up another one!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A few years ago, I went to a beer festival. Among the vendors there were some smoking hot girls from Gina Cigars. Being that I had sampled about 40 beers at that point and I wanted to hang out with the smoking hot girls, I bought a cigar.

Man! That was vile! They went the Drew Estates route; these were "infused" cigars. Imagine if you bought a Philly Blunt, soaked it in your grandma's Eau de Harlot perfume, and then aged it in Paris Hilton's panties for a week...

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Some Tesoro thing that I couldn't stand for more than a minute. Gross.

This was the 2nd cigar I ever smoked and is on the fron t page of my journal. I liked it at the time, but have since been exposed to really good cigars and would not smoke one again.

I'm bummmed to here Tony didn't like the Cusano 18, I liked the one I had alot. It was a good lunchtime smoke for me.

My lease favorite was an ASPIRA that came in a bonus sampler from Famous. This thing was bitter and yucky. I'm not one to throw away a cigar, but this one was tossed after about half an inch.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Good thread. A few that ring bells:

RyJ Reserva Real

Counterfeit Cuban (not a fake, but the brand)

Acid Blondie - However this was a stipulation of a gift. A good friend of mine gave me a Prometheus lighter and said the only thing was that the first cigar with that I lit with it had to be from him. He gave me an Acid Blondie...OMG, how disgusting.

Opus X - These are rancid cigars, so if you have any that you'd rather just spare yourselves the trouble of smoking and finding out first hand how bad they really are, send them all to me and I'll figure out something to do with them!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I'm bummmed to here Tony didn't like the Cusano 18, I liked the one I had alot. It was a good lunchtime smoke for me.
Never had the natural, but I used to like the double maduro from time to time. I've got a box somewhere of robustos, I should find that and give one a try again.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Early on in my smoking career (2 years now :agreesmil) I bought a sampler of name brands and the only one I didn't finish was a Graycliff Professionale PGX. I remember it as being really harsh and overly strongly peppery. I'm sure my tastes have changed somewhat. I think most mild-medium smokes these days are a waste of time.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Maxim De Paris supposed to be rolled for Pierre Cardin or something. Like smoking cat litter.
I always wondered about those....way to take it for the team josh!

I'm surprised no one is copping to smoking a Lars...I think those are the worst cigar I ever smoked. Can't figure out what made me buy them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuente Fuente Opus Opus XX XX or whatever the hell they call it. What a waste of $12 - a corona size. Geez how overrated. Would rather have a $3 Fonseca Dominican.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocky Patel Olde World...tasted awful, fell apart in my hands while smoking it
I'm a huge RP fan, but the only OWR I've had was horrible. VERY bitter and pretty mushy. I will try another and a few of the maduros before I write them off, but that one was sick.