What's new

these things are awesome

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if xikar was cutting costs by not quality materials so they could keep up with the lifetime warranty.
That and most companies like Xikar make out because of so many customers who choose not to have their product serviced, but instead just replace it.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well it it is made by man it fails eventually, ever Roll Royce break down. I have to laught at Toyotas 36 month, 36000 miles warranty. Honestly if there was as good as other brand three would be 60 mo. 60K, or 10 years, 100, 000 miles.

Honestly if you make something that is truly made great, not pinching pennies to save money, and increase profits. You should have no problem offering a lifetime warranty. Like Cuban Crafter Does.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if xikar was cutting costs by not quality materials so they could keep up with the lifetime warranty.
If you have a bad product and offer a warranty like Xikar, you would have extremely high warranty costs. It could cost more to fix than the original cost. Fixing something after it breaks is extremely high cost for labor and parts. Unless their profit margins on sales are 200% to 300%, only a company planning to go out of business would offer a bad product and a lifetime warranty.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
If you have a bad product and offer a warranty like Xikar, you would have extremely high warranty costs. It could cost more to fix than the original cost. Fixing something after it breaks is extremely high cost for labor and parts. Unless their profit margins on sales are 200% to 300%, only a company planning to go out of business would offer a bad product and a lifetime warranty.
I never said bad products

i said using non quality materials...

Come on bro!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Craftsmen Tools have a great warranty that is still like in G.O.D. (Good old day). Mac, and Snap - On have similar Warranties. All are more expensive then the cheap imports, but then they stand behind their products.

Back to the XO-Cutter several review on U-tube identify the problem of thickness, omit take eagle eye to use the Cutter effective, but it also is gear driven, and the blade move in a fluid motion. No sloppy cuts, so I am sure their is a learning curve.

XIKAR is allways Coke out with new Cutters, and Lighter. That is what they do trying to reinventing the wheel to make a better wheel. JMHO.:happy:

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Craftsmen Tools have a great warranty that is still like in G.O.D. (Good old day). Mac, and Snap - On have similar Warranties. All are more expensive then the cheap imports, but then they stand behind their products.
Most Craftsman aren't made in the US anymore. Very few tools are Made in the USA anymore. Snap On, Matco and Mac have a lot imported products in their lines. Still charge the same premium prices though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said bad products
Agreed, you never used the word 'bad.' Rather, I accused any company that choose to used 'non quality materials' as making a bad product. Said company, would probably have an issue with profitability as a result of high warranty expenses. Of course, assuming they honored their lifetime warranty.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Agreed, you never used the word 'bad.' Rather, I accused any company that choose to used 'non quality materials' as making a bad product. Said company, would probably have an issue with profitability as a result of high warranty expenses. Of course, assuming they honored their lifetime warranty.
Works for harbor freight I think

But I don’t ever get tools from there

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have two Xikars on my list of cutters to acquire
  • VX2 ( i have the original v-cutter and i love it - why not add the new one)
  • XO (the one in this thread) because it's just .. cool
Now mind you I don't need either, but I *want* both :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is another reason I love to smoke and love talking with fellow smokers.... We are arguing over (in its simplest description) fancy scissors!

Instagram - @djronjerrelle Ron

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Guy at B & M yesterday day had an XO, couple of use it , tried it.

IMPRESSIONS:

Very wide, a handful.

Need glassed to use it because of poor vision I live in readers[/b].

Think it worked well, but it is definatly not easy to use.

Not buying one personally, after this short test drive again. Yes I tried one before and it was difficult to lineup the stick for a Cut.

XIKAR Teardrop IMHO has it over this tool with the exception of the working in unison gear driven blades.