What's new

Things that Make Me Feel Old

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Tell us things that make you feel old.

Or, you knew you were getting older when you heard/found out/did ____________________.

For example:
  • I heard on the radio this morning that kids born in the year 2000 are now graduating high school.
  • I care too much about my lawn.
  • I hate being around large groups of people because it's too loud and crowded.
  • When kids drive by with subwoofers blasting and I no longer thought: "nice!" but instead, "idiot's going to be deaf!".
  • When I heard Nirvana and Pearl Jam being played on the Classic Rock stations.
  • I feel like the food I make at my house tastes 400% better than any restaurant.
  • My daughters (13 and 9) told me they found this awesome new show and they wanted me to see it; it was Saved by the Bell.
  • I hate 98% of all modern "music".
  • I don't understand why some current "celebrities" are idolized.
  • My back hurt for 3 weeks because I sneezed.

Last edited:

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Ha what a geezer you are bro.

That being said I don't think disliking large groups of people is a sign of age, I've been that way since I was young.

Neither is caring about your hearing, as someone with tinnitis I'll tell you that it's never too soon to start caring about that.

The one thing I will say makes me feel kinda like that is that now that I'm back in school for me masters and I see 18yr olds walking around I'm like man that was a long time ago, but I don't really feel old...they just seem young

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm sure I can add to this list, but for now I will just tell a short story:

I don't have cable in my upstairs bedroom, just antenna tv, well when I brush my teeth in the morning I always turn on the tv to check out the weather, but this was last Sunday, and it was preachers on tv telling me how evil I am, so I was flipping channels when I came across a station called LAFF, and low and behold there's Huey Lewis on a movie, and not THE PLAYER (for which he donned his birthday suite, and @bwhite220 he may just put you to shame......hey, I've heard rumors, that's all) .....so anyway back to Huey on the tv, so I asked the wife "Is that Huey Lewis???" (I'll add, I am a HUGE HL fan, so is the wife.....one "our" song is by the man....sorry just a bit of a back story....you care, I know) I'm quite excited, because I don't know any other films than Back To The Future & The Player that Huey has been in (NO, HE IS NOT IN DIE HARD........JESUS!!!!!) So, she replies with she doesn't know, and I say "Well I have to wait until he speaks to know for sure, since Huey has a deep voice." Huey on the tv speaks, but it's like one word and I kinda cock my ear like a dog and go "no, that's not Huey." He speaks again, again the ear thing.........."Maybe it is....I can't tell." He keeps talking....."IT IS HUEY!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! What movie is this?"

Just then the camera pans up, and it's Gweneth Paltrow coming down this staircase, so again I'm like "What the hell movie is this???!!!!!!" I'm almost hyperventilating now. I look at the wife and I see her fingers very rapidly pressing on her phone. She yells "I'm working on it!!!!" She says "Yep, it is Huey Lewis." She then proceeds to tell me the name of the movie (I have already forgot it, sorry this was Sunday, and I'm old). Then she says " I didn't know Huey Lewis looked like that." I said "What? You don't know what Huey looks like?" "No, I've never seen him before." I am now crushed, the woman I love, and share a Huey Lewis song with has NO IDEA what he looks like........she was born in 1981, how is that possible? Mtv was still a thing when she was a kid.

That was one time I realized I was old.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Then she says " I didn't know Huey Lewis looked like that." I said "What? You don't know what Huey looks like?" "No, I've never seen him before." I am now crushed, the woman I love, and share a Huey Lewis song with has NO IDEA what he looks like........she was born in 1981, how is that possible? Mtv was still a thing when she was a kid.
No amount of pre-marital counseling can prepare you for when your wife says, "Oh, that's Huey Lewis?! Wasn't he in Die Hard??"

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Some lady showed her kid a 3.5 floppy disc and he said, "wow! Cool! You 3d printed the "save" icon.......
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That reminds me of when my oldest found her ultra-sound video but didn't know what it was. I tried to explain what an ultra-sound is and she said, "Dad, I know what that is, what is this thing I am holding?"

...it was a VHS tape.

Last edited:
Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
  • I heard on the radio this morning that kids born in the year 2000 are now graduating high school.
Yep. I've got one born in 2000 that just walked. And I feel ya on that sneeze - I just recently put my back out of commission for an afternoon. My crime? Wiping a spill off the dining room table.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
  • I'm currently watching the 29th season of the Simpsons. TWENTY-NINTH
  • I still have a CD binder in my truck in which I actively use.
  • I look forward to and enjoy doing yard work.
  • When we get our annual quarter inch of snow/slush in Georgia and some kid sleds down my front yard leaving multiple paths of flattened mangled bermuda I've got to look at for the next 3 months until it starts greening up. Did I mention I enjoy yard work?
  • I bypassed the McDonalds self ordering machine last week so I could order my food by talking to a real person.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
  • I'm currently watching the 29th season of the Simpsons. TWENTY-NINTH
  • I still have a CD binder in my truck in which I actively use.
  • I look forward to and enjoy doing yard work.
  • When we get our annual quarter inch of snow/slush in Georgia and some kid sleds down my front yard leaving multiple paths of flattened mangled bermuda I've got to look at for the next 3 months until it starts greening up. Did I mention I enjoy yard work?
  • I bypassed the McDonalds self ordering machine last week so I could order my food by talking to a real person.
Come make my yard pretty! It needs love like that.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You pretty much nailed my list B. Lol
Another biggie for me has been noticing fields that are now full blown woods, telling young people about "the time before cellphones", and the occasional "you know, before they built the Walmart" lmao
Still no grey though! Woohoo!