What's new

Things that Make Me Feel Old

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
...might I recommend: https://www.ebay.com/i/382459229982?chn=ps. I feel like the first song on the B Side would be appropriate. (Am I right, @irratebass?)
DLR agrees

BTW this brings up ANOTHER wifey anecdote....(i'll keep it short, or try I tend to ramble on)

I love tube socks......LOVE them, wife hates em, so when I come home at night from working at the shop I change in the closet so as not to wake up the wife, then the next morning I take the clothes and put them in the hamper. I showed her my tube socks, and one of them had been stretched out so bad it's too loose. I show my wife and I quote "Aw mom, i'm nervous, and my socks are too loose." She just looks at me like I ate a big pile of dog shit.......so I go "Van Halen? Hot For Teacher video?" Again same look "Waldo???" same look, I pull out my phone and show her.

Again she gives me "I've never seen that video before." "YOU SUCK!" & I throw my stretched out tube sock at her.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
DLR agrees

BTW this brings up ANOTHER wifey anecdote....(i'll keep it short, or try I tend to ramble on)

I love tube socks......LOVE them, wife hates em, so when I come home at night from working at the shop I change in the closet so as not to wake up the wife, then the next morning I take the clothes and put them in the hamper. I showed her my tube socks, and one of them had been stretched out so bad it's too loose. I show my wife and I quote "Aw mom, i'm nervous, and my socks are too loose." She just looks at me like I ate a big pile of dog shit.......so I go "Van Halen? Hot For Teacher video?" Again same look "Waldo???" same look, I pull out my phone and show her.

Again she gives me "I've never seen that video before." "YOU SUCK!" & I throw my stretched out tube sock at her.
My mom was really into the guys. How's that for making you feel old?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I remember when gas was a buck...:facepalm:
I remember 79 cents here. Given, the market got flooded with gas at the time, and the usual price was $1.10 or so.. the days when five bucks equaled 1/4 tank. 1987-88 or so.
I also remember when Copenhagen was 89 cents , and you had ONLY three choices in snuff:
Skoal, Happy Days ( both mint, and the pink can. Forgot the flavor of the pink can) and Copenhagen. I do remember a brand called Good Luck that was in pouches around 1980.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The one thing that sticks out in my mind about feeling old is 8 or so years ago,
I helped a buddy move.
(A little back story) I'm am a huge Led Zeppelin fan. HUGE. GOAT, IMO. I bought a killer Zeppelin shirt of the Hindenberg blowing up (first album cover) about ten years ago. I still wear this from time to time. Anyways, I was wearing this shirt when I helped my buddy move. His daughter, about 14 at the time, looks at it, and asks , " What's a Led Zeppelin?" And I'm not old. (46 now) These kids today....

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It’s funny. What we say make us old our kids have found to be good.
TV shows for example. My kids love Friends, Dawson Creek, 90210
Music- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, all the hair bands

Stuff is coming full circle. What was old is now new. My kids say I’m old (44) cause I didn’t have a cell phone when I was a teen. Hell they laughed at my Sony Walkman I still had.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I feel you guys on the whole "sneeze" issue. I did that and thought i was going to die. Laid up in bed with muscle relaxers the next day.
And as for gas, we moved to SW MO from central CA in 1994. I was in high school and 5 bucks got me around for a week in a big block chevy.
And here is one for you @bwhite220 , i remember when NW Arkansas was 4 towns. Each separated by farm land. And US 71 was the way through it. 2 lane road with hills and stop signs. How is that for "old"?

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It’s funny. What we say make us old our kids have found to be good.
TV shows for example. My kids love Friends, Dawson Creek, 90210
Music- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, all the hair bands

Stuff is coming full circle. What was old is now new. My kids say I’m old (44) cause I didn’t have a cell phone when I was a teen. Hell they laughed at my Sony Walkman I still had.
Exactly. My boy is 20 now, and he loves Grunge. Granted, he heard a LOT of it growing up...
Beats the hell out of 90% of the newer "rock"

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
And here is one for you @bwhite220 , i remember when NW Arkansas was 4 towns. Each separated by farm land. And US 71 was the way through it. 2 lane road with hills and stop signs. How is that for "old"?
Dude, for real! We moved here in 1992 and there was A stop light and dirt roads everywhere. Now? Forget about it.

The boy had never heard of Weird Al, I showed him the FAT video........you know that beginning part? "Yo homeboy, haven't seen you around Burger World, so where ya been huh?" "Oh you know, *around*" Anyway, he asks "What kind of video is this?" in kind of a horror/shocked voice.
After my anger subsided at your son for saying such a stupid thing, it dawned on me that you’re his father. It’s YOUR responsibility to ensure he receives appropriate training in all things. You owe him (and @velorock) an apology.

Remember when I told you I had to apologize to my daughter because of me belting it out with Queen. Same thing, dude. :)

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here's another one for yall. Went to the Eye doctor yesterday. First time in two years.
Actually getting progressive lenses so I can read up close. I had 20/10 vision at 18.
Dude, I feel you on that........as soon as I hit 45, Boom I need reading glasses, wtf!? However, if you ask @Glassman & @bwhite220 I need coke bottled glasses......fuckers:shifty:

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Dude, for real! We moved here in 1992 and there was A stop light and dirt roads everywhere. Now? Forget about it.

After my anger subsided at your son for saying such a stupid thing, it dawned on me that you’re his father. It’s YOUR responsibility to ensure he receives appropriate training in all things. You owe him (and @velorock) an apology.

Remember when I told you I had to apologize to my daughter because of me belting it out with Queen. Same thing, dude. :)
STEP-FATHER, I but I see your point, and @VeLoRoK will be getting an apology