What's new

Things that Make Me Feel Old

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Oh, you mean the 3d printed save icon? That's youngster stuff...

My dad's first computer didn't have a hard drive, so I guess I'm even more "old skool" with things like DOS commands and Lotus123?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Your dad's first computer?

Sean, you're making me feel old. MY first computer didn't have a hard drive. An old Vic128 (predecessor to the Commodore 64, which I also had (and, may still have in my parents attic))

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Used to use a TI Silent 700 with the ear muffs to talk to our phone systems remotely. Started out at 300 baud and then went to 1200. We were farting thru silk at that speed.

The early voicemail systems came with 4MB hard drives that were around 24" square and 8" wide. Not light by any means. A full system would have 7 of them for storage.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

Sean, you're making me feel old. MY first computer didn't have a hard drive. An old Vic128 (predecessor to the Commodore 64, which I also had (and, may still have in my parents attic))
His was an IBM PC model 5150... I was 3 when he brought it home to do his PhD analysis. We were so poor after he quit gradschool that we didn't upgrade the family computer until 1996.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You in the phone business Almi? I was in the interconnect business for 30+ years

BTW my first computer was an 80286? Couldn't afford the 386

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
When I realized that I'm old enough for playboy playmates to be my adult children AND it wouldn't have meant that i started having kids before 20.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0

That’s funny, I had a commodore 128 growing up, and it’s still in my parents attic. I just saw it the other day. Only thing that was good for was games...lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I started being aware of my age the first time I saw a cop and thought "that guy is too young to be a cop"....
But it was totally confirmed when I sneezed while tying my shoe and thought I might need to call in sick due to the subsequent back pain!
One more example . Years ago when we got off night shift, we would go to this one bar that opened at 7 am Wednesday mornings, for all the guys getting off night shift. Now when I get off night shift, I don't stay up all day partying. I go to bed like I'm still working nights. Then when I wake up at 3pm, I stay up for a few hours, then go back to bed and sleep until 4 or 5 am. BAM! Get a weeks worth of sleep in 24 hours!
Yah, that's an old man move....

Last edited: