What's new

Think I need a second humidor soon.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are going to buy small humidors you may as well find some sort of 5 pack deal. You will eventually look at your stash and start trying to figure out how long it will take to smoke all the cigars you have! Seriously, instead of buying multiple small humidors go ahead and get something large enough to last a while. Larger storage tends to be more stable.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I bought a 100ct wood humidor, then another 120ct a few weeks later. I wish I had found this forum 1st. I really don't need either.

Now the bulk of my stash is in 2 coolers (soon to be 3) and any overflow will be stored in tupador's (which are much less $$$ than small wood humidors and keep the humidity better.)

also if I didn't need cooling I'd use all tupador's

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it would be easier and more practical to store at the bottom the items that you want them to age for some time, as they are less accessible.

But keep a record on your phone or laptop with what you have and when you bought them.
Enjoy the puff!
If you are going to buy small humidors you may as well find some sort of 5 pack deal. You will eventually look at your stash and start trying to figure out how long it will take to smoke all the cigars you have! Seriously, instead of buying multiple small humidors go ahead and get something large enough to last a while. Larger storage tends to be more stable.
I am not really buying small humidors. This was a 300ct humidor, I just have large cigars in it.

Told you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Yeah I know. I have another 2 5 packs inbound and I will take a rest.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
But you filled it in a couple of weeks. A 300 count humi may hold 100 normal sized cigars.

P.S. Once you get started, stopping the cigar buying thing is harder then you think.
This may be the realest advice ever given. Listen to the man, I haven’t stopped buying for 12 years.... the struggle is real.

Having multiple “environments” (humidity levels) to monitor is a pain in the ass. Do yourself a favor and buy the biggest single humidor you feel comfortable having. The wife doesn’t mind a cabinet, by cabinet. The wife has a mind you using the extra closet in the basement as a walk-in, use the closet in the basement as a walk-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I am not really buying small humidors. This was a 300ct humidor, I just have large cigars in it.

Yeah Yeah I know. I have another 2 5 packs inbound and I will take a rest.
“Small” is a relative term. A year or so from now, you’ll think of the 300 ct as a small humi.

My advice would be to buy Tupperware or similar plastic airtight containers (and a bunch of Bovedas). Once you get a bunch of those filled, buy a cooler (or wino, or big fancy humi if you must) and move everything into it, and start filling the small tuppers again

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I bought a 100 CT humidor and filled it in about a week, currently have boxes in ziplock bags with Boveda packs :(