What's new

Thinkin about a golf outing next spring

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
OK you all. I am thinking about taking the lead on putting together a BOTL golf outing next springish. What I would like to do is pick a nice place in a central location that can work out for as many interested BOTL's and SOTL's. So I wanted to get the conversation started now so that I can make sure that we can get as many of us together for what I would hope would be a great "blow out".

So, I need to know who is hip to it and let's start getting some logistics taken care of.

Thoughts, Questions, concerns, Ideas???????????

Please let me know.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
sounds great!

i vote for Belize this spring break! San Diego would be a close second (just not during spring break!)...

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I was thinking Socal would be perfect. It's centraly located between London and Tokyo, making perfect for everyone.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I am definitely interested. Living in NC there is no shortage of golf here. I can get us on at Pinehurst no 8 and possibly no 2 but would have to know in advance. NC is not necessarily a central location though.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'd love to see a golf herf and if you want central how about the Lake of the Ozarks. They have cheapish hotel rates before Memorial Day and depending on the # of players I can get us on a few nice courses. Old Kinderhook is my favorite, Porto Cimea is awesome (I may not be able to pull this one off depending on # of players) Osage National is nice and has 27 holes. There are a few others that are nice and I live about an hour away:grin:

I think I can get condos on Old Kinderhook for $72/night that will sleep 4 comfortably. I'll be playing there late this month and can gheck it out then.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I'm game. columbus, OH is pretty central for a lot or northeasterners. wink, wink.

In all honesty, we can go to just about any area and find a few, if not several, great places to play.

Are we thinking show up on a Friday, herf, bbq, etc. Golf on Saturday, herf, BBQ, etc. and travel home on Sunday? Sound like a plan for me.

If we keep it within reasonable driving distance fro me, i'll cater with some classic BBQ.

This sounds like it has some real potential to be fun. Good thinkin Scott

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I'm game. columbus, OH is pretty central for a lot or northeasterners. wink, wink.

In all honesty, we can go to just about any area and find a few, if not several, great places to play.

Are we thinking show up on a Friday, herf, bbq, etc. Golf on Saturday, herf, BBQ, etc. and travel home on Sunday? Sound like a plan for me.

If we keep it within reasonable driving distance fro me, i'll cater with some classic BBQ.

This sounds like it has some real potential to be fun. Good thinkin Scott

AH, so you read right through me on that one. I love your plan and I would be more than happy to bring a cooler to bring back what is not eaten. I think you should prepare for 100 people or so and I will take the left overs.

In all seriousness. I like your idea. I want to try and get a "real" count so that I can try and work some magic for prizes and whatnot.

We will talk.

Anybody else have any more ideas. I really plan to make this happen. Even if it is just me and Gale.