What's new

Thinking annout these this month

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So I am going to limit myself to two boxes this month. I know it will be a test, probably be easier to quit drinking . So I am looking around at the specials, and I am seeing a box of monti double edmundos for 298. Never had, looking for some feedback on them. Also a box of H. Upmann Mag. 46. I have a few of the 50, while its not bad by any means, its just not the flavor bomb my other new experiences have been. Im hoping with a slightly smaller gauge and more time that will come through. What do you guys think? Good buys, something else that is a better buy that you guys are seeing? Go ahead and pull the trigger? Let me know!!

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I love the mag46 and the mag50. I'd say you are pretty spot on in your assumption that the 46s pack a bit more flavor.

Double Edmundos are good cigars but as always with Monte, have fun with the inconsistencies.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Inconsistent as in burn, flavor, draw, all the above. Cause i know if i drop 300 on a box i can live with burn issues, but that may be about it.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Inconsistent as in burn, flavor, draw, all the above. Cause i know if i drop 300 on a box i can live with burn issues, but that may be about it.
all of the above, it's pretty widely known that Montes can smoke great and can also smoke like shit

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I've heard about lots of inconsistencies in the double edmundos, enough that I've never taken the risk. Regular Edmundos have treated me very well.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
ill be the wolf and say go with double edmundo .
as a very young release, it simply may be likely the shape/blend needs rest - who knows .
that classic Monty profile is one of Gods most prized and thus this exception to the perception .
the mag 46 is a real good and all , so yeah perhaps the risk is there, but the potential gain of a prized score is real good too

beit the first second or third box buy - its just academic in the whole scheme
i.e. , they're 99% all good in their due time .

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I've heard about lots of inconsistencies in the double edmundos, enough that I've never taken the risk. Regular Edmundos have treated me very well.
I have never tried a double edmundo, but yes, the regular edmundos have always been a good smoke for me. Montes can be spotty, but on the whole, no. 4 is the one that's been more hit or miss with me.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Not a double edmundo fan. Very potent and I havent gotten the array of flavors that I usually would like Monte to provide. I'd recommend spending your money on something else.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Love the mag 46 but find they need some age which round out the flavors a bit more.

Another option if your looking for "flavor" would be Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 which is a 46 rg and similar strength to the cigars you have been enjoying.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
46 are good to great.

Petite edmundos are good. Not a fan of the other edmundos because of inconsistency and flavor, especially at that price.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Go Bolivar Liberatdor for flavor in box ten. Should only be around 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Go Bolivar Liberatdor for flavor in box ten. Should only be around 150

I looked at them, and i will prolly do this one day for a nice smoke. Right now, however, im looking to build up my base collection. I dont want to be smoking 6 to 12 month old cubans forever!!! So im pretty much going with 200 ish for 25 purchases or better. I dont smoke like you jay, but i need to get 4 or 500 under my belt for agin ;)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I looked at them, and i will prolly do this one day for a nice smoke. Right now, however, im looking to build up my base collection. I dont want to be smoking 6 to 12 month old cubans forever!!! So im pretty much going with 200 ish for 25 purchases or better. I dont smoke like you jay, but i need to get 4 or 500 under my belt for agin ;)
That's why if your aging you Habanos you should get the Liberatdor. That's one of my all time favorites when aged 3+ years. I believe it's 6"X54 so it's a "sublime" figurado

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Little late on chiming in. Agree Monte is inconsistent. I rarely buy them for that reason. Exception would be the media coronas. Never had a double edmundo I enjoyed going back to the original release. Tastes differ so don't let that stop you. I had a perfect ARG 5/14 edmundo last week that a friend sent me. He has had good luck with ARG code. I'm a big mag 46 fan. My favorite Upmann. I don't smoke fresh ones. 4-5 years minimum, but maybe I'm missing something on freshies since I haven't tried one.