What's new

This guy is building me a humidor

DanceOnTheBlackTop

Get to da choppa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my humidor built by some guy. I didnt want another wineador so I'm having him build me one. Nothing big but nothing small either. Its a bookcase style I believe. I hope it turns out as nice as he says it will. It's going to take a couple months to get it. It should be better quality then the manufactured ones from China. I'm just nervous. I hope he knows what he's doing. I had to pay him a portion up front and the rest when it's done. He said he's built a few before and I have nothing to worry about. I'll just wait and see what i get I guess. I already gave him money so I guess I have no choice.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, I think Apesmokes about sums it up. If I was having a cabinet humidor custom built I'd be pretty excited, have sketches to show off, be in the guy's shop every couple of days, know his wife and kids, take lots of pictures. I'm sure it'll work out for you and you'll be happy with the end product, good luck

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Some guy makes the best humidors, you’ll be fine.
Although, as I recall, some guy did sleep with my high school girlfriend, so maybe you shouldn’t trust him too much.
Or, some guy is clearly good with boxes so maybe he is to be trusted with the humidor build.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I hope you at least got to see some examples of his work before putting up the cash. I've seen some pretty good humidors that some guy made, but I've seen some guy turning out bad ones too.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wai
I hope you at least got to see some examples of his work before putting up the cash. I've seen some pretty good humidors that some guy made, but I've seen some guy turning out bad ones too.
Wait.....So "some guy" could be two different people? Man that changes everything.........

Or maybe it was the same guy who had a bad day when he built the crappy ones?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Getting my humidor built by some guy. I didnt want another wineador so I'm having him build me one. Nothing big but nothing small either. Its a bookcase style I believe. I hope it turns out as nice as he says it will. It's going to take a couple months to get it. It should be better quality then the manufactured ones from China. I'm just nervous. I hope he knows what he's doing. I had to pay him a portion up front and the rest when it's done. He said he's built a few before and I have nothing to worry about. I'll just wait and see what i get I guess. I already gave him money so I guess I have no choice.
I hope it turns out well. Sounds like a gamble to me, but "some guy" may be a master craftsman. I hope you will show us the finished product when it's finished.

DanceOnTheBlackTop

Get to da choppa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my guy sent me some pictures of my finished humidor. I should have it sometime next week. I think he knows how to build a humidor going by the pictures he sent me. I heard good things about him and when I called him he was more then happy to build me one. His name is Bob Staebell....you might have heard of him.;)

Attachments