What's new

This Noob Needs a New Lighter

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Big fan of the Ronsons for jets. Love my Zippos too, both for pipes and also as a soft flame for cigars if it isn't too windy. Hell, I just like to play around with lighters...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I have Xikars and LOVE them. I have Ronsons and LOVE them.

I use my zippo insert about 99% of the time.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
check cbid to see you if you can score a good xikar at a decent price. I prefer the double torch personally. Ive had a single (not enough flame) and a triple (too much flame), but find the double is juuuuuuuuust riiiiiiiiight

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/colibri-firebird-gauntlet-triple-flame-torch-table-lighter.html?trk_msg=V0ORQQ721QPKJ6FBNATQGULNIC&trk_contact=3PPB0UM8P7IJ5P24D53MHS4F7O&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=http://www.cheaphumidors.com/colibri-firebird-gauntlet-triple-flame-torch-table-lighter.html&utm_campaign=CH+09.12.15+CA+Top+5+Gauntlet&utm_content=CH+09.12.15+CA+Top+5+Gauntlet

I think this is a pretty good deal. Colibri makes good lighters

I have xikars too.. I love and hate them. Some always seem to crap out on you and some never fail. But then again it's life time warranty.

And I swear by Zippos with the torch insert!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442426864.959194.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442426908.247344.jpg

CI I think even has a lighter grab bag deal for 20 bucks. Amazing deal I think! Get four lighters and get yourself started.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most lighter issues happen because of improper technique when recharging.....google "how to refill lighters" and you'll see the right technique to use. It takes awhile to learn it right but once you do...you won't have many problems afterwards. Took me a half hour one day with a POS lighter that always seemed not to work...but I practiced on it and now it's a great lighter. The important part is to PURGE the tank completely....purge until the lighter no longer hisses as this tells you that all of the air inside is no longer there to interfere with it lighting when the spark is there. If the lighter has no spark you won't be able to light it with a welding rod. Put your lighter on a flat surface and then put the can of butane at a 90 degree angle and push down in one motion and ensure that you don't bend the nozzle...if you do it will spray butane and you've just put more air into the chamber....this is why most lighters will not light correctly afterwards...air and butane do not make a lighter work very well....it has to be ALL butane. It takes practice to do it correctly and some lighters need a different nozzle...they are not all universal lighters that take one nozzle. Have fun practicing....if you hear the hiss....you need to purge that out and start over again.
Thanks so much for the info! i will have to watch the video as soon as i get home! :D

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I personally love these lighters!

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/251819741637

They are cheap, hold/come with a huge tank of fuel and are very wind resistant! I get about three months of smoking daily out of them before I need a refill. If I were you I'd just buy a few of these. They are refillable, but at the price they are and the amount of fuel they come with, it's almost cheaper to just get a new one. Just my two cents

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Where are you finding them at that price? I just happened to find one on ebay for $5 but most of the new ones are $10 and up.
If you can find them at Walmart they're a little under $4...but my last couple of visits I haven't found any. My local Walgreens has a ton at $5 each so I picked up a couple extra