What's new

This whole craft whiskey thing is going to far

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've heard some of the cask strength rums (including some finished in whiskey barrels) are more satisfying to bourbon drinkers. I've only tried one that a friend sent me, it was close to 140 proof but amazing and not too sweet at all.
Same. A buddy distills his own rum and sent me some barrel proof samples and they were amazing. None of that cane sugar sweetness at all.

I know you’re not a fan of port finished, but I gotta say, the Woodinville port finished is really incredible. Not sweet at all. Really deep flavors and an incredibly nose (pretentious, I know). I went to a barrel tasting event (got to make my own blend) and got to taste how all the different port barrels (and length of finishing) affect the end product.

I do agree tho that most wine finishes are over powering and often too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Same. A buddy distills his own rum and sent me some barrel proof samples and they were amazing. None of that cane sugar sweetness at all.

I know you’re not a fan of port finished, but I gotta say, the Woodinville port finished is really incredible. Not sweet at all. Really deep flavors and an incredibly nose (pretentious, I know). I went to a barrel tasting event (got to make my own blend) and got to taste how all the different port barrels (and length of finishing) affect the end product.

I do agree tho that most wine finishes are over powering and often too sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not pretentious at all, just the language of the spirits lover.

I did enjoy High West's Midwinter's Night Dram a few years back, but even that has become too sweet (or syrupy) for my palate over time. But if I get a chance to try the Woodinville I'll definitely give it a shot.