What's new

this year is pretty crappy

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
#1. I joined the brotherhood and have really enjoyed the advice and banter in this community.
#2. My family life is settling down (I've got a bunch of youngins running around). Which opens up time for golf and fishing with my older kids.
#3 I discovered cbid @ a week ago and apparently I'm really good at it. I won 18 bids already!!! Shit, maybe that's not a good thing. Short term pain, long term gain, I'll have smokes for months to come.

Ryan, thanks for the comment in my intro thread. I've got la imperiosas in the humi and a bunch of tats coming because of your recommendations. Keep your head up but protect that chin from those blows coming at you. I hope this is just a short season of crap for you.
Sincerely,
Dano

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well I hope things get better for you man. I've learned just try to stay positive and you'll eventually pull through. Just choose what's good in your life... family, or whatever and stick to that. Maybe hearing others bad times will help think that everyone goes through shitty periods, but we can all come through. I've had probably the worst 8 months of my life. To start it off, went through a super stressful move with a couple young kids, living at inlaws for a couple months, then grandma inlaw for few weeks until we finally found new house. Stress is putting it mildly. Finally got settled to learn my close uncle got diagnosed of cancer. I flew to FL to visit him before he died, only to learn my dad had a major stroke the day I got there. Saw my uncle for half hour before I had to fly to MN. Had to make toughest decision of my life to let my dad die peacefully at home. My bro and I took care of him until he died. He was only 65. Terrible last day. After all my time in MN, just days after finally getting home, got a call that my best friend growing up died. His sister asked me to speak at funeral but I couldn't even go back to MN. Been rough, but I'm thankful for a great wife and 2 kids. Gotta keep the head up.

Take care man, I wish you the best. :)

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
1) I've gotten closer to my brother, and haven't fought in over nine months
2) I got to see my best friend get married and have his first child
3) I got to go on vacation for the first time in five years

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My oldest completed the Arrow of Light in the Cub Scouts and crossed over to Boy Scouts. He's growing up fast.

I am/was his Den leader and helped several other boys do the same thing. That makes me feel good.

Life can treat us harshly sometimes, but I think the best way to stick it to life is to keep looking forward to a better tomorrow. We really are what we feel and perception definitely is reality.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll play.

1) I found out in October that I have Type 1 diabetes at the age of 30. Since then my sugar levels have gotten down to normalish levels and my insulin dosages have decreased as my body gets used to this shit. I should be able to get an insulin pump soon, and then I won't have to take 4 shots a day.

2) I was laid off in November from a job that I started in June after leaving a company I had been at for four years. I had a job interview on Friday with a company that I interviewed with and ultimately turned down their offer last year. Things went well and I've been told that my new offer is in the works and I'll see it next week. It involves moving to St. Louis, which my wife and I planned on doing next year anyway.

3) My wife and I are going to Ireland in April. We got a great deal on the trip from Groupon, and couldn't turn it down. We wanted to go this year for her 30th birthday/our 5th wedding anniversary, but thought it was out of the plans after I lost my job. We decided to go ahead and do it so we would have something positive to look forward to, instead of all of the other bad news.

I feel your pain man, I really do. The end of 2015 really kicked my ass, and this year didn't start much better after we found out that our chances of having a baby naturally are slim. I just find something to distract myself with and look forward to positive things in life. I hope you're surrounding yourself with people who make you happy. This will all pass. Good luck brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm having a pretty bad 2016 so far myself. Wife asked for a divorce. Losing all the equity I had in our house. Child support for 3 little kids will pretty much impoverish me.

"This too shall pass"
:hurting:
:blackeye:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks navyvet. I'm sure it will get better. Hope your year gets much better too!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sorry about the crappy start to your year Ryan. Not that much has changed for me this year. 2 things

1. Buying a house, close in April

2. I have made a more conscious effort to not sit at home smoking by myself all the time. (Not that there is anything wrong with that). But I am getting out and meeting some of you brothers in person, instead of on the World Wide Web. So far this year I have herfed with and made friends (I hope) with ( in no particular order):

@navyvet @Anthony_Joseph @Hoshneer @hillybillypyro @manbearpig @Mossome @Lapithicus @Omerta @cigarblunk

Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.

Chin up Ryan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk