What's new

Thompson Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone recommend anything from Thompson or from anywhere as an everyday smoke? You know for a baller on a budget. HAHAHA!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
a lot of guys here dont care much for Thompsons.. a quick search of threads here will give you a number of different reasons why..

that said.. I order from them occasionally.. I just never give them my phone number.. the one they have on file for me is years old.. and I dont update it when I order :)

if youre watching your budget, monitor the "deals" thread here.. at least once or twice a week something gets posted up that is a very good bargain.. I picked up a box of 601 green corona's for free a couple of months ago.. just by watching that thread (famous had a coupon deal going.. order $X.XX and this box is free type thing)..

I find cigarsinternational and famous to both be just as cheap as thompsons.. you just have to see what each of them has on sale.. and pick up what you like..

I also toy with the devil site (cigarbid) quite a bit.. I put in stupid low bids.. and refuse to get into bid wars.. if I get something.. great.. if not.. no big deal..

I managed to pick up two tins of pipe tobacco there just a couple of days ago for $5.00 each.. with shipping the entire order came to $14.95.. each of those tins sells for $11.95 at my local B&M.. I would have paid a little more than $26 including tax had I bought them there.. so I thought it was a great deal...

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Beside once u start , u will be spammed with snail mail for the rest of ur life .....Take a look at our venders here on BOTL a lots of varying prices and all kinds of cigars .....good luck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man thanks guys Ill look into this other stuff. Glad I didn't order from them I hate being solicited. I order from famous pretty regularly, currently smoking a lot of diff. things but I've been diggin' the Gran habano GH2 bunddle as a cheap everyday smoke.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
The 2 "budget" cigars that I buy from Thompson are.

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/1898-INDEPENDENCIA-LIMITED-EDITION-TORO-HABANO/84219.uts?cm_vc=10001

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/VICTOR-SINCLAIR-LEGACY-DOUBLE-MADURO-CHURCHILL-MADURO/69622.uts?cm_vc=10001

I usually try and wait until they run a 20% off or free shipping sale to get them.

Some Brothers will complain quite a bit about Thompson "spamming" them or calling them etc. This may have been the case a couple of years ago but is not sometthng that I have experienced. I get FAR more emails from Famous, cigarbid, Cigars International, etc. than I EVER get from Thompson. As far as phone calls... I received one call from them, asked to be removed from their call list and have not received 1 more call from them. Ever.

That being said, I will always check the forum sponsors (Emerson's, Cigar King, Podman, etc.) first since they help keep the lights on here. They are especially helpful if I am looking for something new, premium or hard to find and have surprised me more than once with some great deals. Finally if I am looking for a "deal" I generally use cigarbid or buy something off of Famous' Cigar Monster. Be careful with cigarbid though because it is easy to overpay or buy too much if you end up getting "caught up in the moment" of the auction format.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Man thanks guys Ill look into this other stuff. Glad I didn't order from them I hate being solicited. I order from famous pretty regularly, currently smoking a lot of diff. things but I've been diggin' the Gran habano GH2 bunddle as a cheap everyday smoke.
I've always thought that the Gran Habano Vintage 2002 was a great cheap smoke. I personally think the Flor de Oliva is the best bundle cigar out there. I haven't had the El Suelo or Trocadero that Pete Johnson recently put out there but they're worth looking into also.

Depends what you consider cheap. Lots of $4-5 cigars out there that I also think are pretty good.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I don't have 1 "everyday smoke". What I usually do is just watch the everyday specials from Holts, CI, Cigar.com, etc. I usually can get a Upmann, Torano, La Perla or something like that for less than 3 bucks a smoke.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you start down the Thompsons road you'll never be able to get away from them...the FBI needs to use them on how to search for people. There are better sources for you to find good cigars even on a budget.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I think they did a lot to earn a bad reputation in years prior, but I asked them to stop calling me once and they stopped.

It all depends on what you're looking for. I picked up a box of 601 blues with 2 years of age for $59 w/ free shipping. That's the cheapest box of 601s I've ever bought and I've probably purchased 8-10 boxes of them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beside once u start , u will be spammed with snail mail for the rest of ur life .....Take a look at our venders here on BOTL a lots of varying prices and all kinds of cigars .....good luck
I get spam snail mail from them and I never ordered from them..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a problem with phone calls, email, etc. I have ordered from them a couple of times with no issues. As far as the regular mail, it seems that all vendors send out catalogs, Thompsons, Mikes, CI, Famous, et al.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Don't buy from Thompson.. Very chitty skandalous company!
If you start down the Thompsons road you'll never be able to get away from them...the FBI needs to use them on how to search for people. There are better sources for you to find good cigars even on a budget.
OMG....they send people CATALOGS!!!! HOW DARE THEY.

They must be the worst vendor EVER.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0

Lol, in all fairness at one point in time if you ordered from them they would call you incessantly, trying to sign you up for cigar of the month or automatic ordering. As I said, I think they've cleaned up their act and still have a bad rep.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0

Lol, in all fairness at one point in time if you ordered from them they would call you incessantly, trying to sign you up for cigar of the month or automatic ordering. As I said, I think they've cleaned up their act and still have a bad rep.
I don't mind the spam emails I have them sent to a particular folder they have good prices and selection I just ordered from them as recently as last week and got my order quickly. I've never gotten a phone call from them. They do send catalogs frequently which I give to new smokers or let people take when they visit (which I imagine is their intent) and I flip through them enjoying a smoke out back rather than Internet surf/shop. I also use ci and jr and all three have good exclusives and prices. I guess I'm just not bothered by a company trying to sell me things unless I say stop and they continue THEN we have a problem lol.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I ordered my first humidor from them about 1 1/2 years ago when i first got into cigars. It was $30 for a 25 count wood humidor and 20 cigars. The cigars weren't very good but most were at least yard gars. The humidor works great. I have ordered from them a few time since then.

As others have said about Thompson, they called me once after my first order and tried to get me to sign up for their monthly shipping program. I told them no thanks and asked them not to call me anymore. They have not called since. I do receive emails and i do get a catalog every month. I actually like this though - that way i know about their deals. But to each their own.

As to cheap Thompson cigars, i have not smoked any other than what came with the humidor and they were not so good.

Last edited: