What's new

Thompson Cigars

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've never ordered from them because I've known people that worked for them and had horror stories. They somehow got my address and send me some very colorful toilet paper TWICE a month.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Lots of budget and/or less expensive sticks available from our sponsors. Ask em.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just received my first call from them... Not to thrilled!! Hope this isn't the first of many. I'm wondering if I should call and ask to be removed from their list.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Anyone recommend anything from Thompson or from anywhere as an everyday smoke? You know for a baller on a budget. HAHAHA!
Here is "The Monster" hourly deals and twice a day 11-12 at both ends of the clock and all day on Tuesday and Friday they have the mash up which is 50 to 100 deals of fivers. You can get some premium smokes for $5 or less each w/free shipping

Also, as a member here you get a 15% discount on purchases over $50 with a few exceptions. Below is the thread link with the exceptions and discount code

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/68942-Hello-From-Famous-Smokes-BOTL-s-Newest-Site-Sponsor!?highlight=famous

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I just received my first call from them... Not to thrilled!! Hope this isn't the first of many. I'm wondering if I should call and ask to be removed from their list.
The next time that they call you just ask them to remove you from their call list. They will honor your request and not call you anymore.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Hard to make a recommendation on any cigar for many retailer with limited info, but I would recommend our site sponsors....Great retailers, friendly service, and support of BOTL.

Let us know what you decide on!

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I've used Thompson without issue. I asked them not to call and just removed myself from their incessant emailing. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy (in my case)

I think one of the best budget smokes out there is the illusione rothchildes - and of our out site sponsored online cigar store should be able to offer you a nice price.

My $0.02

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get at an e-mail a day from them and sometimes 2, plus snail mail trying to get me in their buying club. Thank God I gave them a phony telephone number so I don't get calls as well.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like to check out the Daily, Weekly, and Weekend Deals at Cigars Interntational. every once in a while they will have a good/great deal on something I really like, but you have to watch, they will go fast some days. And they also have a aution/bid section of CI as well. But that can get you in trouble! :)

Oh and one thing I enjoy for a quick smoke is also Pipe smoking, you can fill bowl just for a quick 5-10 min smoke and its very economical. There are some good threads on here for starting pipe smoking if you dont have a pipe and were interested. And you can get a pretty low priced pipe to start with at any Walgreens, or even at your local Tobacco shop, they have the good old standard, corn cob pipe.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beside once u start , u will be spammed with snail mail for the rest of ur life .....Take a look at our venders here on BOTL a lots of varying prices and all kinds of cigars .....good luck
I order from thompsons whey they have a great deal and I use another email address that I use for them...so if they spam that address who cares as I it's a dummy address. Thompsons is a Vendor that goes after the younger or new enthusiast to cigars which is why you will see so many of their "great deals" where you get a lineup for 12 cigars, a cutter, humidor and maybe a lighter for $29...4 cigars are decent while the others are just rolled tobacco...the lighter is cheap and the cutter is ...well, just a cutter and their humidor is mediocre but they sell a ton of them because you see their ad everywhere.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I made one purchase from them and they did call me once. I didn't answer and they've never called back. My only concern is that they took about 5 days before they even shipped the order. But I would probably order from them again if there was an amazing, can't-get-anywhere-else deal. But the reputation of the site's sponsors (who I have not yet used) and a great couple of B&Ms near me mean I won't likely be ordering from them again anytime soon.

I did, however, just pick up a mazo of 20 Pinar del Rio Fumas Petite Corona from the devil's site, CigarBid.com. I paid $7.00, and they look like they'll last around 25-30 minutes each. If they suck, I really won't care because they ended up being $0.35 each plus $5 for shipping. I would prefer my Fuente Hemingway sticks to smoke but too expensive for my budget on a regular basis ($10 with tax at my B&Ms) so I am on the lookout for budget smokes.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I made one purchase from them and they did call me once. I didn't answer and they've never called back. My only concern is that they took about 5 days before they even shipped the order. But I would probably order from them again if there was an amazing, can't-get-anywhere-else deal. But the reputation of the site's sponsors (who I have not yet used) and a great couple of B&Ms near me mean I won't likely be ordering from them again anytime soon.

I did, however, just pick up a mazo of 20 Pinar del Rio Fumas Petite Corona from the devil's site, CigarBid.com. I paid $7.00, and they look like they'll last around 25-30 minutes each. If they suck, I really won't care because they ended up being $0.35 each plus $5 for shipping. I would prefer my Fuente Hemingway sticks to smoke but too expensive for my budget on a regular basis ($10 with tax at my B&Ms) so I am on the lookout for budget smokes.
Let me/us know how they are. I am on the lookout for some budget smokes as well in that petite corona size.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Let me/us know how they are. I am on the lookout for some budget smokes as well in that petite corona size.
You bet! I am still quite the n00b when it comes to cigars, so: 1) take anything I "review" with a grain of salt and 2) with the temps here in the teens and low 20s for the foreseeable future, it will be a while.

I can tell you that I was struck by the inconsistent wrapper color (I knew they would be but there's everything from a Connecticut lightness to a Maduro darkness) and they had virtually no aroma when I first took one out of the cellophane. But, after about 24 hours in the humidor without the cello, they started to open up and smell quite pleasant. The reason that I decided to bid on them was, in part, due to the description:

If you&#8217;re looking for high tea at the Ritz, look elsewhere. But if you&#8217;re jonesin&#8217; for a cold 99-cent pint from Joe&#8217;s Tavern, there&#8217;s a barstool with your name on it.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Why are we discussing a shit as company when we have several great sponsors of the site. This thread doesn't need to be here.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst thing they do is throw out samplers for 10 cents on the dollar and after your hooked jack the price. I was getting 8 high end PdRs for $18 and now they are $39. They are Victor Sinclair central selling everything they make including the whole selection of 55 series petites. I like to spread the love and buy from whomever has a free shipping code. Good luck with them on that!