What's new

Thoughts on Dr. Joe Show?

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to bring this thread back from the dead; Does anyone know what's up with Joe? He hasn't posted any videos a few months, is he alright??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing against him but give me the :beaver:cigar vixen:beaver: any day over him lol.
I think he is a little long winded and repeats himself quite a bit. He does seem to get his hands on a pretty decent mix of sticks so that is cool to see.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hate to bring this thread back from the dead; Does anyone know what's up with Joe? He hasn't posted any videos a few months, is he alright??
I was enjoying his show too. From what I can gather on his Youtube Channel, he suffered an extremely painful and debilitating sinus infection. That was back in late August of 2015. The symptoms he described sounded quite agonizing, so I assume the infection was serious, if not life-threatening. Sinus infections if not treated properly can be fatal. But I think if he died, people would know. My feeling is that the severity of the infection has forced him to stop smoking cigars. But it's all conjecture on my part. I don't really know anything about him. I just liked watching his show while I smoked. Hope he's doing well.

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was enjoying his show too. From what I can gather on his Youtube Channel, he suffered an extremely painful and debilitating sinus infection. That was back in late August of 2015. The symptoms he described sounded quite agonizing, so I assume the infection was serious, if not life-threatening. Sinus infections if not treated properly can be fatal. But I think if he died, people would know. My feeling is that the severity of the infection has forced him to stop smoking cigars. But it's all conjecture on my part. I don't really know anything about him. I just liked watching his show while I smoked. Hope he's doing well.
I think this is a very plausible scenario; but what makes me nervous is that as friendly and personable as he seemed in his videos and comments I find it hard to believe he would just disappear without any updates what so ever:nailbiting:

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think this is a very plausible scenario; but what makes me nervous is that as friendly and personable as he seemed in his videos and comments I find it hard to believe he would just disappear without any updates what so ever:nailbiting:
I agree with you one hundred percent. Every once in a while, I check the comments section of the last video he posted on his Youtube channel for updates. A lot of his followers are starting to express the same concern that you have. I follow his show on Twitter too, and his activity went dead around the same time his Youtube channel did.

Whenever someone made a comment about his videos, he responded immediately and thoroughly. And he had a whole line-up of new shows that he spent the 2015 summer making--which he never posted. I was really looking forward to his series on building a wineador. He was very apologetic for his illness too. You would think--after showing more concern about his viewers than about his own health--he would check in and give his viewers an update on his condition. Or just a short tweet to say he's 'feeling better and will be back soon'. Joe liked to talk to his viewers given any opportunity. So a lot of the facts we know about him don't really add up right now, or explain his long silence. His long silence is unusual.

But again, he had a lot of followers and some who were really close to him and would meet up and herf with him. So if he died, I just think they would be making comments on his Youtube page letting everyone know, or they would've tweeted an in memoriam or obituary. He said in his videos that he was a regular at the Cigar Inn on 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. Maybe the guys there know something.

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well randomly tonight I started thinking about Joe and thought I would check his most recent video which is about a year old now to see if there was anything left by Dr. Joe or anyone else that might have an update for us and to my surprise I saw a comment from just a few days ago claiming to have an update.

It reads:

"Alright, Dr. Joe Show fans. I found out from a friend of Joe's what has happened. Joe is done with cigars and the Dr. Joe Show for good. There was no explanation given, but I'm assuming it's either health-related or money-related. Joe told this individual in an email that he was selling off his collection and was terminating production of the Dr. Joe Show. Joe offered no explanation other than that, "I'm done with cigars forever." Joe sent this person an inventory list of his entire cigar collection if the person were interested in buying cigars. So that's it. The Dr. Joe Show is officially finished for good. As far as this person knows, Joe is still alive--I know many of us were concerned about his health issues. As of August 2016, Dr. Joe is still among the living. [...]" (the comment continues but it's rather personal so I figured I would leave it out)

Being that I just read this comment just a few moments before logging on to update this thread I am somewhat at a loss for words and not sure exactly what to say. Being such a seemingly personable guy that really liked his audiance I almost think it's strange he wouldn't at least comment somewhere below the video even if it was just a few words. I hope he makes a speedy recovery from whatever ailment he is going through.

All this being said nothing says the commenter is accurate in what he said but I figured it was worth an update since I know some of us were concerned about his well being.

Last edited:

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All this being said nothing says the commenter is accurate in what he said but I figured it was worth an update since I know some of us were concerned about his well being.
Thanks for the update! I check the comments page at Youtube from time to time for updates. To be honest, I kinda figured his disappearance had something to do with that horrid sinus infection he described. Glad to know that Joe's still alive. I was starting to fear the worst. I'll definitely miss that show. It was a fun hour of Youtube entertainment. Sounds like his doctor told him to quit smoking. But I'm still gonna hold out for some kind of 'official' announcement. But that commentor sounds credible for what it's worth. It sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news that the show isn't going to continue but I'm glad to hear the good Doctor is OK.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like his website is back on line. The guy is a really good content creator. I hope he returns to putting out videos regardless of subject