What's new

Thoughts on the Face

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just revisted the face this evening and found that while sweet cocoa, coffee, earth spice etc. were abundant, its seems that the full body of this cigar has mellowed quite a bit since its release. Has anyone else experienced this?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have two of these and am eagerly awaiting smoking them.

Unfortunately, the sheer size of them means I won't get to do so for a few months. I really cannot stand to be outside for more than an hour in these temps.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I didn't love them when they came out, frankly. They were nice and mellow, but the flavor profile didn't do anything for me, and both examples I smoked had a strange ashy taste to them that I did not care for. I have a few more singles left in the box, but plan to save them until next time I watch a Texas Chainsaw film. :cjump:

Post some of those photos you were taking while smoking that.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I didn't love them when they came out, frankly. They were nice and mellow, but the flavor profile didn't do anything for me, and both examples I smoked had a strange ashy taste to them that I did not care for. I have a few more singles left in the box, but plan to save them until next time I watch a Texas Chainsaw film. :cjump:

Post some of those photos you were taking while smoking that.
This is what I got from them as well. Not a bad smoke, just not fantastic nor a standout. JMHO...

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I thought it was much more spicy and flavorfull than I have read. Not a power smoke but nice. Was it worth the chase, hmmm maybe not. I also think that by this Oct is will be well rounded and my box will go up in smoke:cbig:

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think they're awesome with a sweetness to them I dont get in many other Tatuaje cigars.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I found these to be very medium and even slightly mild when they came out and I don't suspect them to get much better. Had that pencil shaving after taste that tastes kinda like some mexican wrappers from my understanding. I have only really been impressed with the Frank and the Boris in the monster series.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I might smoke my second and last one tomorrow at work. While I enjoyed the first it wasn't knock your socks off. I loved the Boris the most out of all so far.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I smoked two right after they were released and have a couple more still resting.

Very mild cigar with extremely sweet tobacco, in my opinion. It's an okay cigar - nothing to sneeze at, but nothing to write home about either.

I'll let the ones in the humidor rest for awhile longer and return to them.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found these to be very medium and even slightly mild when they came out and I don't suspect them to get much better. Had that pencil shaving after taste that tastes kinda like some mexican wrappers from my understanding. I have only really been impressed with the Frank and the Boris in the monster series.
My feelings exactly. I was speaking with a friend recently about that aftertaste which we were describing as lead but pencil shaving nails it on the head.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
My friend was smoking one in the car last week - It smelled heavenly! I lit one up a few days later & perhaps I'm in the minority, but I love them (and I'm not a fan of bigger ring gauge cigars!). To me it's like fresh buttered cinnamon toast bread, with espresso brewing in a cedar vault... More please.

:cbig:

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I smoked another last week and really enjoyed it! I only have 2 left and I'm not going to let myself smoke them until October

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have loved every single puff from the few that I was able to get.
Trying hard not to smoke the 2 I have left for a while.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
good 1.5 hr smoke
light start into solid medium strength
but enjoyed much so.

sweet tobac is what i recollect.

my last will have a slim to 0 chance at seeing halloween!

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love them, it was nice to see something a little outside the norm of what we expect from Tatuaje. The flavor was well balanced and rich, a great cigar that Im expecting to be phenomenal within a year or 2.