What's new

tighter sanctions on goods from Cuba

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this and haven't seen a thread on it here yet ,from the artical:

Americans will no longer be allowed to come back home with Cuban cigars, Cuban rum, or to stay in Cuban hotels, President Trump announced in a White House speech today. New U.S. sanctions leveled against Cuba have removed the permission for Americans traveling abroad to return with Cuba’s most famous exports, and also ban future U.S. travelers from staying at any government-owned hotels on the island—a restriction that essentially forces all future U.S. visitors to stay in Airbnb-style lodgings in private homes, since the Cuban state holds full or majority ownership in all Cuban hotels.

link to the article

Rupe

BoM January 2013
DONOR
Rating - 100%
378   0   0
what a crock of rubbish.
Yep. I get real sick of politicians (on both sides) doing things like this just to get votes.

I buy the vast majority of my cigars online anyways (which technically has never been legal) so I am hoping this will make no difference. As long as they don't start cracking down and sending the dreaded "love letters" again I should be fine.

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
DONOR
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Personally I would hesitate to pass judgement on this being politically motivated. This is very similar to his response to other countries that either disproportionately impose regulations on us or have imposed regulations on their own country that aren’t conducive to our country maintaining trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In 2019 we had a 284 million dollar trade surplus with Cuba. Mainly chicken and grain. As of August of this year we have a 104 Million surplus with Cuba

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Yep. I get real sick of politicians (on both sides) doing things like this just to get votes.

I buy the vast majority of my cigars online anyways (which technically has never been legal) so I am hoping this will make no difference. As long as they don't start cracking down and sending the dreaded "love letters" again I should be fine.
Have anything arrive recently?

Rupe

BoM January 2013
DONOR
Rating - 100%
378   0   0
Have anything arrive recently?
I had one shipment that was in transit just before this was announced and that made it to me OK.

I have a second shipment that was sent about two weeks ago that I have not seen yet but under normal circumstances it should arrive this week. I am waiting patiently.

I have a third shipment that was ordered Saturday night but has not shipped yet. We’ll see.

All three are from a vendor that guarantees delivery so I am not too worried about getting “the letter”