Votes: 21 33.3%
  • BB Torch

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Iphone 4

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Whatever phone you end up choosing, just make sure your carrier isn't At&t... I have them now and I can't wait to get away from them. awful.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
My contract is up with AT&T - the wife & I have decided to get each other new phones as early X-mas gifts. After hunting around, comparing phones & talking with people about their service I think we've decided on the EVO (HTC Droid 4g) with Sprint. Right now we're waiting to see what the deals will be for Black Friday.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got the Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) for t mobile. I love it. I have never had a high tech phone so it is taking some getting used too, especially the touch screen. My only complaints are short battery life, and the speaker phone could be a bit louder. Other than that I think it is a great phone. All the reviews I read online were along the same lines.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got the Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) for t mobile. I love it. I have never had a high tech phone so it is taking some getting used too, especially the touch screen. My only complaints are short battery life, and the speaker phone could be a bit louder. Other than that I think it is a great phone. All the reviews I read online were along the same lines.
Download and use an App killer like Advanced App Killer. Certain programs will continue to run in the background after you exit them. App Killer will force them closed. I force close stuff several times a day. Lower your screen brightness down to 50% (unless you have bad eyesights). Make sure bluetooth is turned off when you're not using it. Same with WiFi, if capable. Those 4 things will help increase your battery life.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
My contract is up with AT&T - the wife & I have decided to get each other new phones as early X-mas gifts. After hunting around, comparing phones & talking with people about their service I think we've decided on the EVO (HTC Droid 4g) with Sprint. Right now we're waiting to see what the deals will be for Black Friday.
FYI...Real 4G is coming, but so far companies claiming to offer legit, widely available 4G is purely a marketing ploy. http://bit.ly/acwAim

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have an iPhone 4 and love it. My wife refused the iPhone and went with a BB. She hated all the hype around the iPhone. I mean hated it. Months after getting her BB she finally saw the truth and got the iPhone and loves it.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
IMNSHO, someone who swears by the iPhone is like a cigar smoker who swears by Altadis.

Haha...

Full disclosure so you can take my reply and opinion with a grain of salt: I work for Apple corporate. Own only one Apple product (iPhone). Just being up front about it.. If I had liked blackberry or Android more, I can guarantee I'd use one instead of an iPhone. Oh, and I don't get a discount on the iPhone. ;)

That said...

I've used iOS, Android, and Blackberry. I've always liked iOS better.

Granted, the last blackberry I used was that stupid Storm where you actually had to click the screen. idkwtf they were thinking with that. Clunky, hard to use.

Used the Droid and Droid Eris. Both were neat little phones. Android would take some getting used to, but I could definitely use it if I needed to replace my iPhone.

iPhone has some of the best support in the business, huge app store that beats both Android and Blackberry (probably combined), and with Jailbreaking the iPhone you expand the functionality well beyond what iOS normally limits you to. Only downside is AT&T's network.

I'm sure you were meaning the people who blindly want to use iPhone just because of the name and it's from Apple, such as from that Evo v. iPhone video that circled the internet.. But there are informed tech people out there that use iOS for good reasons.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't comment on phones I haven't owned. However, my third Blackberry is a Torch and so far it does more than I need. The 5mp camera has digital zoom and takes some really good pictures. Also, it's way faster browsing than my Curve was.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Haha...

Full disclosure so you can take my reply and opinion with a grain of salt: I work for Apple corporate. Own only one Apple product (iPhone). Just being up front about it.. If I had liked blackberry or Android more, I can guarantee I'd use one instead of an iPhone. Oh, and I don't get a discount on the iPhone. ;)

That said...

I've used iOS, Android, and Blackberry. I've always liked iOS better.

Granted, the last blackberry I used was that stupid Storm where you actually had to click the screen. idkwtf they were thinking with that. Clunky, hard to use.

Used the Droid and Droid Eris. Both were neat little phones. Android would take some getting used to, but I could definitely use it if I needed to replace my iPhone.

iPhone has some of the best support in the business, huge app store that beats both Android and Blackberry (probably combined), and with Jailbreaking the iPhone you expand the functionality well beyond what iOS normally limits you to. Only downside is AT&T's network.

I'm sure you were meaning the people who blindly want to use iPhone just because of the name and it's from Apple, such as from that Evo v. iPhone video that circled the internet.. But there are informed tech people out there that use iOS for good reasons.
Amen, Brother. If you need support for android and BB you are really out of luck most of the time. You either go to your provider or google a lot. With Apple you have the best customer service/tech support in the world (10+ years according to consumer reports and other sources) and you have hundres of retail locations with on site support.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Well one thing that really sways me is good customer support, I've dealt with enough good and bad pc support over the last 16 years to realize how valuable this really is, so based on that alone I'll probably go with the Iphone.

Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts

*EDIT* So the iphone doesn't run flash? this will be a huge frustration.

Last edited:

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Amen, Brother. If you need support for android and BB you are really out of luck most of the time. You either go to your provider or google a lot.
That's only true if you have AT&T and their worthless customer service. I've always been able to call either of my cell providers for any phone issues I have had. They've both worked through many issues with me that were related to how I was trying to abuse my phone.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
No, doesn't run flash, but from my understanding it doesn't exactly work real well on the Android phones either and is pretty big battery killer.

iPhone has an app called SkyFire which will process Flash videos on a server and spit them back to you in clean HTML5 which can run on the iPhone. I have it and it works pretty well.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Love my iPhone 4 - and have had excellent customer service with AT&T. I switched from years of Verizon and Blackberry. I don't have a day of buyer remorse. You'll love the iPhone 4.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What about the service provider? I have an iphone 4 with att and love it. However, I have heard lots of complaints about ATT's service in other parts of the country. No sense have an iphone if your in an area where you dont get any bars!!!! One other thing...if you go with the iPhone get the mobile me. It comes in handy!

Last edited: