What's new

To all who own a gun, may EVER want to own a gun or just believe in the right to:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Received this e-mail so I’m passing it along.

Free one year NRA membership.
Looks like you get everything that a regular member does for one year, except a magazine.
But you do get "NRA's Freedom Times Monthly E-Letter" instead.
Please join, pass it along, or (if need be) sign up your spouse, relatives etc…
There is strength in numbers.
No excuses, it's free.
Bo
(Members: Please pass this along)

Join the NRA FREE! Everybody is eligible; spouses, children, etc. Support this cause and our freedom to keep and bear arms! Click here.
https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

**************************************************************************************

Or to become a paid member, get a magazine etc., and a FREE NRA KNIFE,
Click here and then scroll to the bottom for full membership.
http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/
**************************************************************************************

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The one benefit of NRA membership I truly value is the American Rifleman magazine. :yes: The discounts at gun shows, occasional freebies, etc. are nice, but I could do without the endless bombardment of propaganda. :riflefire

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'm pretty sure this was serious considering all yer other gun posts. May I ask why?

#1 Little carry gun, always have it if you want it and back up for #2.
#2 Good carry gun, for when you think you'll need it and back up for #3.
#3 a Get the F*** out of my house gun.

PS add a dam good flashlight and night sights if you are smart.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
... but I could do without the endless bombardment of propaganda. :riflefire
I hear you, I was a member for 10 years than stopped signing up because I got tired of the daily junk mail and nightly phone calls. Still, considering how our Constitution is currently being used as toilet tissue this is probably a good time to jump back in even if Homeland Security does put me on their list of potential terrorists.

Thanks for the link.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't worry, in the least, that the government will try to take firearms away from the citizenry.

Honestly, consider the logistics... it's just not feasible. And there's not anywhere near the necessary momentum or public support for it right now.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Ok, wasn't considering #2.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The one benefit of NRA membership I truly value is the American Rifleman magazine. :yes: The discounts at gun shows, occasional freebies, etc. are nice, but I could do without the endless bombardment of propaganda. :riflefire
Here is what I did. I don't get any more junk mail. Please join up everyone... we have to stop the anti-gun BS trying to be passed in this country

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?
A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.
Done. Thanks much, man! :applause:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't think anyone should own a gun. Three should be the minumum!

:thumbsup:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here is what I did. I don't get any more junk mail. Please join up everyone... we have to stop the anti-gun BS trying to be passed in this country

I did this a long time ago and it cut out the junk mailings.

Like elderboy said PLEASE JOIN!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Don't have one, don't need one, don't want one.
You sound like the guy that didn't have a fire extinguisher. Didn't have one, didn't think he needed one, but sure wished he had when his house burned down.

I would rather have one and not need it than need one and not have it.

That being said, I will claim the 5th on the number of guns I have and the amount of ammo. :wink:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't worry, in the least, that the government will try to take firearms away from the citizenry.

Honestly, consider the logistics... it's just not feasible. And there's not anywhere near the necessary momentum or public support for it right now.
Actually I think you are right. The goal has long been to disarm the citizenry, but they've figured out a better way than banning firearms. A little noticed movement has been leaning real hard on controlling amunition or requiring the micro engraving of an identifier on all rounds. That would be a much easier sell, because it's low key. Also it avoids that nasty little 2nd Ammendment arguement.

Mark

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I will never understand it. My dad grew up in the hills of Virginia and hunted to feed the family yet growing up never touched a weapon and never even talked about hunting. It took the Boy Scouts, Rifle Merit badge, and NRA instructor for a counselor and I was gone. Did competitive shooting until college and had a 22. Met up with some good old boys in Flagstaff and picked up a shot gun and hunted quail, Pheasant and Chukkar. Then went on my first Elk hunt. Needless to say my son grew up hunting in CT and Michigan. My waife and duaghter learned early how to fire ALL our firearms and how to treat them safely. Firearms, the NRA and firearm safety are a part of our lives.

My favorite story was just before the Milennium and I was at a cocktail party in New York with some "suits" like me when the conversation turned to how people were preparing. Many talked about storing food and one old boy from Greenwich told us all how he had half a million in gold coins stored at his home. I didnt know these guys real well but when it finally came around to me I quietly said I have laid away 10 cases of ammo for each of my guns. The gold coin boy kinda snorted and said "what are you going to do when the chaos hits? Hunt for your food? Is that all you have" I just smiled and said Yep, that and a map to your house. Everyone chuckled nervously and then the good old boy left, a little white in the face. :rofl: