What's new

To all who own a gun, may EVER want to own a gun or just believe in the right to:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Actually I think you are right. The goal has long been to disarm the citizenry, but they've figured out a better way than banning firearms. A little noticed movement has been leaning real hard on controlling amunition or requiring the micro engraving of an identifier on all rounds. That would be a much easier sell, because it's low key. Also it avoids that nasty little 2nd Ammendment arguement.

Mark
I agree this is what we're moving toward, BUT I also think that people who go on shooting sprees know that their time is up and that they'll either get gunned down or kill themselves, therefore making individual bullet tracking pointless.

TYLER

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I agree this is what we're moving toward, BUT I also think that people who go on shooting sprees know that their time is up and that they'll either get gunned down or kill themselves, therefore making individual bullet tracking pointless.

TYLER
The individual tracking of bullets is pointless, from a safety or investigative persepective. However, the gun haters are going to try and make it either prohibitively expensive or a legislative nightmare, or both, to own a gun by choking off the supply of ammo. It's very the much same thing they've already made good progress on with smoking. They can't ban tobacco, especially when another wing of the same group is pushing for the legalization of marijuana, but they've made great progress at legislating it into the black market.

Mark

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
It's virtually impossible to enjoy a good cigar in Suffolk County, NY. Cigar Bars are illegal leaving the local B+M as the only legal place to have a smoke, and there are very few of those.

As for the 2nd amendment here's a good read:
http://gunowners.org/a042109.htm