What's new

to all ye stout lovers...

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
we've got a local brewery here in san diego (actually, it's in alpine) that has the best stout! Alpine Brewery... man, is this stuff good! they bottle it in 22oz bottles, but they're always out! i've been trying for the longest time.... well, at last, i got a few of them, and i would like to share!

i grabbed 4 bottles, and here's what i would like to do: i'll send out 3, each with a cigar that i believe goes great with this beer. all i ask is for a review of the beer and the smoke on this thread. once the reviews are in, i'll post a poll so everyone can vote for the best review. the winner will receive another round!!

i've been doing my homework, and i've picked three great botl'rs that truly enjoy their brewski, as well as being completely deserving:

Halon - though this kid is always giving me guff, he seems to know his beer.
Angry Bill - haha, i can't post what i'm thinking!
caudio51 - i know he knows his beer, ya arrogant bastard!!

i'll pm each of you to see if you want to participate. if not, i'll let you recommend another brother! this should be a hoot!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'm going to be in Paris from May 11th-June 12th. If you want to wait a month to get my entry that would be cool, but I definitely understand if you want to do this sooner than later!

Very cool idea, by the way!

TYLER

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
totally forgot about paris.... alrighty, after conferring with Monsieur Halon, fredneck gets the nod!

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Enjoy brothers. Hell of a nice thing your doin there.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hmm its not exactly stout drinking weather, but I like a good beer anytime.

One I tried that is really good is the Weyerbacher Heresy Imperial Stout.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
alrighty then,,, we have our participants. everything is boxed up, and i figured i'll give ya each your choice of cigar. first come, first pick!

box #1 - Padron 1964 torpedo maduro
box #2 - AF WOAM
box #3 - Ashton VSG sorceror

now, who want what?