What's new

To each their own...

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
windowrx said:
David. I hope you realize that this means you can no longer make fun of my White Owls.
I will no longer make fun of Todd when he smokes his white owl.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I guess in the spirit of this thread I can't really say anything about this new info I just found out about Todd. . . *the sound of me biting my tongue*

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In tribute to the effusion of goodwill that this thread has generated-

All you Lars Tetens fans, come on out of that closet!:peace:

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
jasontp said:
There's something to be said for finding something better though. . . I just can't imagine closing myself off to other opportunities
Oh, I think my wife might have something to say about that if I thought that way...

:rofl:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
DWavs said:
I will no longer make fun of Todd when he smokes his white owl.
Hey! I told you the tobacco flavor was alright but the OVERWHELMING peach was just too much. :barf:

Great post David. In a way I agree with Cigarbarr and only wish I could find such hapiness in a cheap cigar like that.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I found myself sitting on the deck with a friend of the family the other day and we decided to partake in a cigar. As I snipped the cap of my Siglo II, the gentleman proceeded to ask me, as always, if I would like one of the Garcia Y Vegas from his humidor. I politely declined and listened as he told me how he has been smoking them for 30 years...4-5 a day.

During a lull in the conversation, I started to drift off wondering if the gentleman only knew what he was missing...how he could indulge in such an inferior cigar and seem so happy about it. Then it hit me...what had just run through my mind. "Happy"...he was completely content with this stick.

I then realized who am I to judge this gentleman on the cigar he enjoys. He is a Brother who shares the same love of the leaf only chooses a different stick than I do. It doesn't make him any better or any worse...it makes him a friend who shares the same hobby as I do.

As I was leaving, I offered him the other Siglo II I had in my 2 count cigar caddy but he politely declined. He thanked me for it and said that he had plenty of good sticks in his humidor that needed smoking.

Whether it be Cohiba EL's, Partagas, Padrons, or Garcia Y Vegas...you are always welcome to sit and have a smoke with me.

Now here is a post that needs bumping. Well said brother, well said.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's gotta be in someone's genetic profile or something... there are guys at our local that come in everyday and get the same sticks. Whether they be Winnie's or FdOs, they come in all sizes. The funny thing is, I'd say the folks that like to try different smokes are in the minority. Think about it... what's the number one selling brand in the US?

Macanudo.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I then realized who am I to judge this gentleman on the cigar he enjoys. He is a Brother who shares the same love of the leaf only chooses a different stick than I do. It doesn't make him any better or any worse...it makes him a friend who shares the same hobby as I do.

Whether it be Cohiba EL's, Partagas, Padrons, or Garcia Y Vegas...you are always welcome to sit and have a smoke with me.
This is my best friend Joe, he's a motorcycle freak and cigar smoker. His tattoo says, ".....it's that you ride" Meaning it's not what you ride, but that you ride. Same philosophy David, it's not what you smoke, but that you enjoy your smoke. Joe is one of the smartest people I know.