What's new

Today’s Smoke - 2020

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The King Lives! Long live the King. Is it just me or do all Caldwells taste very similar (to note this was just my 3rd)? at least the 3 I had but so far I think the King is Dead was the best.
View attachment 147492
I've been digging the Long Live the King, but lately The King is Dead have been hitting the spot even better. I've had several Eastern Standard versions, Young Savages and a couple others, I don't find them exactly the same but some lines have similar profiles.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been digging the Long Live the King, but lately The King is Dead have been hitting the spot even better. I've had several Eastern Standard versions, Young Savages and a couple others, I don't find them exactly the same but some lines have similar profiles.
I don't have the ability to taste anything very specific yet (and mayne never will smoking 3-4 a day), but I do know most cigars taste quite differently, like Af Hemmingway and Don Carlos while both excellent in their own right are very different in flavor strength. and retro. I liked all 3 Caldwells ES, KID and LLTK but I really didn't notice much difference other than I really loved the King is dead and liked the other 2.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I don't have the ability to taste anything very specific yet (and mayne never will smoking 3-4 a day), but I do know most cigars taste quite differently, like Af Hemmingway and Don Carlos while both excellent in their own right are very different in flavor strength. and retro. I liked all 3 Caldwells ES, KID and LLTK but I really didn't notice much difference other than I really loved the King is dead and liked the other 2.
I see lots of similarity between LLTK and TKID, Eastern Standard and other Caldwells I have tried, not as much.

Palates are all different, and subjective. Hell, sometimes I find different profiles on cigars from the same box. :LOL:

Best part is you love (and like) them, so it's all good.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The King Lives! Long live the King. Is it just me or do all Caldwells taste very similar (to note this was just my 3rd)? at least the 3 I had but so far I think the King is Dead was the best.
View attachment 147492
I agree some are similar but I really like the blind mans bluff and it’s quite different.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Roma Craft Cromagnon Aquitaine EMH.

This was a terrible cigar, as hard as a rock, plugged draw, burn issues galore. Yet despite all this, I stubbornly corrected, and corrected, pulled stems and leafs out of the head to prevent the cigar from bursting out of the wrapper in the final 3rd, to smoke it to the nub. It tasted great, and I'll try another one some day, but overall I was disappointed because it was good fairly potent flavorful smoke when I could get a draw, and I expected it to be much better.