What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
129.5 for this bottle.
I treated this like a single malt scotch tasting, first sip neat then added about a half teaspoon of water to open it up.
My wife and I really liked it. Complex layers of subtle flavors.
That's the same one I had, batch 8. Like you said, layers... I always try to get 3 sips neat before adding. The initial two allow the palate to grow accustomed to the burn, the third is to judge the flavor. If it's still overwhelming, then add...

I don't do this with every pour, just when really focused on tasting, comparing, trying something new.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's my Saturday and my wife's spring break so we started early with a taste is something new.
This is a bit hot, but a few drops of water opened it up nicely. Amazing!
View attachment 133072
I had the same issue with mine, also 129.5 proof. It was noticeably hot and i had to add water, which is very uncommon for me, only twice ever (involuntarily).

Old picture:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Matthew McConaughey approved! How does it compare to the 101? Being that you’ve had the 101.

I personally prefer WT101 to Longbranch. I do not like the mesquite charcoal filtering or the lower proof of LB for the $$. I would rather buy two bottles of 101 versus one bottle of LB. My personal rankings of WT I have on hand: Rare Breed > RR10 SiB > RR10 > WT101 > LB. But each person has thier own preference. Drink what you like!!!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Matthew McConaughey approved! How does it compare to the 101? Being that you’ve had the 101.

Two totally different drinks imo. I personally like the sweet smokeyness but I would have liked it to have a little more kick. I'm also a jd fan so it's kinda like a smokey version of some gentleman. Lb in a slightly chilled glass straight was good. 101 has that proof bite to it though so I kinda think of it like a kc almost. If the lb had a barrel proof I think it would be well well more off. But I dont see them doing it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had another rare one today boys. A very well preserved 1969 aged bourbon at my cigar lounge, courtesy of a generous patron with an ailing father who happened to be a collector. Tasted like liquid brown sugar

8 year + 50 years Walker’s DeLuxe

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Definitely was having more of an off day yesterday. Had the longbow again tonight and it was way better! I had an allegra Wednesday so maybe it was off still?! Who cares. It had bite it had complexity. It was smooth after a pallet wash. Oak. Smoke. Caramel. Sweet(but not bitey or dry). Got some stone fruit(plum or cherry) and apple every once In a while. And it definitely had a little bit of bite. Tomorrow will try some water or ice shards. Also today it was a proper glencaren instead of a slightly chilled rocks. Huge difference. Ide put this above 110 for sure and I haven't had the rare breed in a long while but it's up there. Ide put it above Breckenridge at the price point of their distillers select. 40.00 with out a doubt.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Getting ready for annual St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with my Dad and brothers. Celebrating a day early this year!!
Three on the left are Ireland / Distillery exclusives. All are 12 years or older except RB Lustau. Slainte! :cigar:
View attachment 133152
Where the hell is my invite?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Had another rare one today boys. A very well preserved 1969 aged bourbon at my cigar lounge, courtesy of a generous patron with an ailing father who happened to be a collector. Tasted like liquid brown sugar

8 year + 50 years Walker’s DeLuxe

Wow!!!!! Just wow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk