What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@gurgalunas

That was the original plan but other then several Barbados and Panama rums I only have single representations of the countries you mentioned.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Luckily no heartburn last night so I was able to enjoy my first pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518. This was the 4th highest proof Bourbon I’ve had to date 133.4 and I quite enjoyed the flavors. Served Neat it brought out an intense finish and a complex mouthfeel. The best thing I love about Barrel Proof is that I’m in no rush to down the hatch; this pour lasted me 45 minutes. $59 was an absolute steal.

Love the distinct color variation between GTS and ECBP, it almost looks like a port wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Luckily no heartburn last night so I was able to enjoy my first pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518. This was the 4th highest proof Bourbon I’ve had to date 133.4 and I quite enjoyed the flavors. Served Neat it brought out an intense finish and a complex mouthfeel. The best thing I love about Barrel Proof is that I’m in no rush to down the hatch; this pour lasted me 45 minutes. $59 was an absolute steal.

Love the distinct color variation between GTS and ECBP, it almost looks like a port wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ECBP is one of my favorites! That's a great deal as well.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sourced, aged 6 months with oak staves. Tasty but loud. Nothing subtle about it
That does look really dark... any word on the age of the whiskey before it had the staves added?

Sourced rye usually means MGP, and most likely the 95% rye recipe like a lot of the others, and probably in the range of 2-3 years old, but the secondary process looks intriguing. How much $, if you dont mind me asking?...