What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
That's exactly what I've heard too. Had one offered from the managers office a couple weeks back and couldnt justify the price... It's an undisclosed blend of bourbons ranging from 6-11 years. Too many good bourbons that have the same ages at a fraction of the cost.
Sounds like we're on the same page on this one. I am guessing I'll end up at someone's house or a gathering where I'll get to try it. But I'm definitely not spending $119 blind on it. If it blows me away, I'll probably feel differently, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I meant to save my Bowman Port Finish bottle that I finished last week but forgot. This was the only empty I have so I figured why not. I only have 2 other unopened bottles right now that I plan to add once I open them and probably won’t be buying anything for a while so may not keep it going till the bottle is full. It is a little BT mashbill 1 lopsided but will see how the other stuff contributes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s good to have a base whiskey, something that has a higher ratio then others. Mine was Redbreast 12 lol.

Speaking of my Infinity Bottle, almost about to hit the reset button

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It’s good to have a base whiskey, something that has a higher ratio then others. Mine was Redbreast 12 lol.
Help this relative bourbon noob.....Ratio?

Question for the Bourbon Drinking Thread.

Does anyone here do any rums at all?
I do some...right now on the bar I have:

Zacapa 23
Zacapa XO
Diplomatico Reserva
Legendario

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Help this relative bourbon noob.....Ratio?

I do some...right now on the bar I have:

Zacapa 23
Zacapa XO
Diplomatico Reserva
Legendario
What I meant was have something more that what you add afterwards. So if the whiskies you add after your base is a 1:10 part ratio, the base would be a 2:10 part or 3:10 part. Or in other words you would add 4 ounces of a base whiskey and 2 ounces of everything else consistently after until full. Never shake or swirl the contents though, let them fuse together naturally and wait at least a day after adding before you sample

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What I meant was have something more that what you add afterwards. So if the whiskies you add after your base is a 1:10 part ratio, the base would be a 2:10 part or 3:10 part. Or in other words you would add 4 ounces of a base whiskey and 2 ounces of everything else consistently after until full. Never shake or swirl the contents though, let them fuse together naturally and wait at least a day after adding before you sample
Awesome, thank you for the explanation.

Would there be a preferable style/proof/etc to use as the 4 oz. base?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So short story long, I check my grocery store's bourbon section every week. I've had my best price on Eagle Rare there, and they get a few interesting things from time to time. I noticed a few months ago they had a Blanton's tag for an empty space on the shelf so I'd check it out every time. Then about 6 weeks ago they removed the tag.

Fast forward to today, first time anyone in the liquor aisle ever asked if I was finding everything ok. I mentioned the Blanton's tag to her, and she said to give her a minute. Came back out from the back with a bottle, said it's the last one they'll have for a few months at least. She won my heart for today.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome, thank you for the explanation.

Would there be a preferable style/proof/etc to use as the 4 oz. base?
Anything that you can live without is a good start. That’s the great thing about the Infinity Bottle Project, it’s a good way to repurpose whiskey. A good inexpensive bourbon like Bulleit or Knob Creek is certainly a good option, but it doesn’t really matter. I tend to stay away from Barrel Proof for Infinity Bottle additions, maybe 1 or 2 at most.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked these two up today along with several bottles of Eagle Rare which I have not seen in about six months at Kroger.
I have heard this batch was supposed to be very good. 2019-02, Shiny Barrel Batch. We shall see this weekend...
View attachment 136998
How much does that Booker’s go for by you? Prices are $79-$94 by me I’m NJ, up from $60.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some interesting Bourbon’s at a store near my sisters, I never heard of any of these, what about you guys?

Branding & stopper was actually made of metal:

Font and design of Tom Foolery looks very familiar to Sazerac

This one caught my attention, how many Basil Hayden’s are there lol

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Some interesting Bourbon’s at a store near my sisters, I never heard of any of these, what about you guys?

Branding & stopper was actually made of metal:

Font and design of Tom Foolery looks very familiar to Sazerac

This one caught my attention, how many Basil Hayden’s are there lol

I like the look of Lusty, but it does not rate well. I'm interested in trying the Basil Caribbean.