What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What is the link to said website? Haha. This is awesome.

You have to pilfer through a bunch of beer, wine, etc to find the whiskeys...

With the 9 year coming back as well I imagine this will a limited release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know... there has been rumor from several sources that the KC private barrel program was to be suspended, at least temporarily. That would free up the 12-14 yr barrels that normally go to stores as SiB picks, and they do a LOT of those...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One of my favorites but sadly missed getting some at my counties release they had at their semi annual whiskey event.
How do you like the OE7BP I see in the background? Took a chance and picked one up.

I was passing through Oklahoma on the way back to Texas and managed to round up 6 bottles of OWA. I was pretty pumped!

The OE7 is good, but it is H O T!! I let it open up for about 20 min in the glass, but it was still hot. I added a few drops of water and it finally brought it down. Overall I liked the profile and for a $25 bottle, it’s great. Lol

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I was passing through Oklahoma on the way back to Texas and managed to round up 6 bottles of OWA. I was pretty pumped!

The OE7 is good, but it is H O T!! I let it open up for about 20 min in the glass, but it was still hot. I added a few drops of water and it finally brought it down. Overall I liked the profile and for a $25 bottle, it’s great. Lol
Thanks for the info. I’m really liking barrel proof stuff. As long as it’s not drinking well above it’s proof I am hoping I will enjoy. Dang and I thought $35 was a good price for a 7 year barrel proof. Almost half what I can get Booker’s for. $25 is a steal.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quite a fun Friday at my lounge. My friend brought in his Bourbon Infinity Bottle and was sharing it with the group. As you can see I contributed at least two noteworthy Bourbons (ECBP & GTS).

Next up was the 375ml Clyde May’s Bourbon paired up with a beautiful Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask Stick

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Several different pours yesterday while on vacation.

Dry 85 Private Barrel picks flights of:
1792 Full Proof
Four Roses Single Barrel OESK 12 year
OWA 107
Blantons
Knob Creek SB 12 year
Knob Creek 7 year Rye

Then a regular pour of the Dry 85 FRSB OESK. All the pours were really good but the 1792 Full Proof pick might have been my favorite. I’ll definitely be making a trip back there before heading home. Will probably buy a bottle of their Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit pick.

Only snagged a picture of the first flight:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Went to spend the afternoon on a boat with a few friends yesterday. Decided to grab a bottle of bourbon for the day and grabbed Bulleit Rye.

The good news was the Bulleit is very good, and we killed over half the bottle.

The bad news? I was the only one drinking bourbon. Moving a little slowly this morning.