What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Long week so these start the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That Yellowstone 2018 is one of my favorite pours; I’m surprised it doesn’t get more love. First had it while on a business trip to Vegas this past December, then grabbed a bottle at a local whiskey event. I may have to grab another if I can find one.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Some private barrel Bowman Single Barrel that a friend of mine helped pick, as I mentally prep myself for tomorrow’s endeavor.

I’m going to be using my smoker(and charcoal) for the first time tomorrow. Finished prepping the pork shoulder and setting up the smoker, so I’ll have minimal work to do when I get up early in the morning to get things started. Now it’s time to relax with a good pour. Very excited to finally start making my own barbecue, but slightly nervous that I’ll mess something and somehow make shitty pulled pork. Worst case scenario is I get some hands on experience learning how to smoke a pork should and everyone eats pizza for dinner; best case scenario I make some delicious pulled pork and eat myself into a coma.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That Yellowstone 2018 is one of my favorite pours; I’m surprised it doesn’t get more love. First had it while on a business trip to Vegas this past December, then grabbed a bottle at a local whiskey event. I may have to grab another if I can find one.

I have had quite a few people who's bourbon opinion I value a lot tell me it's one of the bourbons they actually think is worth the money. To me it's very complex. Great stuff. So I agree.

Also finished with buffalo trace last night and some Blanton's. As I said. It was a long week.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Killed a bottle of Blanton's Gold at a herf this weekend (that the host's GF brought back from Britain). Also had my first samples of Colonel Taylor's Small Batch (pretty good) and Jefferson's Reserve (not m cup of tea....or bourbon). Lots of other pours, but those were the 3 that were new to me. No pics, to protect the guilty .

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Killed a bottle of Blanton's Gold at a herf this weekend (that the host's GF brought back from Britain). Also had my first samples of Colonel Taylor's Small Batch (pretty good) and Jefferson's Reserve (not m cup of tea....or bourbon). Lots of other pours, but those were the 3 that were new to me. No pics, to protect the guilty .
That's quite the evening! Never tried any of the foreign Blantons releases. EHT is great stuff, one that I question why I drink anything else whenever I pour some. Agree on the Jeffersons. Some of the high ends Jeffersons can be ok, but the price paid should give more than an ok bourbon...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
That's quite the evening! Never tried any of the foreign Blantons releases. EHT is great stuff, one that I question why I drink anything else whenever I pour some. Agree on the Jeffersons. Some of the high ends Jeffersons can be ok, but the price paid should give more than an ok bourbon...
If you should get the opportunity to try that Blanton's Gold, don't pass it up. Just stellar.

I forgot to mention that we wert out to dinner Sunday and I had my first pour of Whistle Pig Rye as well. Imma be on the lookout for the best price I can find and grab a bottle of this soon.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Killed a baby Saz then cracked this last night. Only my second go with other this. Last one was a year ago. I think it’s a great pour, or at least this barrel is, even with the new price increase as long as you can get at MSRP.

One of my fav under $30 bourbon, before the "hipsters" got word of it............meh