What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What is the retail price of Blanton’s? I have never been able to find it without standing in line for HOURS!
I've seen it in NJ and OH for about $59. I've seen it twice (and only 1 bottle each time) in Illinois, today's debacle, and once at my local grocery for $59. I bought the latter.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Went into a "new to me" liquor store today, and imagine how my heart raced when I saw Blanton's and a couple other hard to find bourbons on display. Then I looked at the price of the Blanton's.... $159. Nutjob, please. It all became abundantly clear when I then saw Weller SR for $78. WTAF??

Dropped into one of my newer go-to stores after that. They had a couple Booker's, no funky 2019-01, but I decided I need a Booker's on the shelf for the time being and grabbed the 19-03.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. That's a really good batch IMO

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is the retail price of Blanton’s? I have never been able to find it without standing in line for HOURS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here in Honolulu, one place used to get Blanton’s on a regular basis and iirc, it was around $60-$65.

If you ever get the chance to travel abroad (...or know someone who is...), look for the “Straight From The Barrel” expression. Over 120 proof, 700 ml bottle but for the slight (...at least when I bought mine back in 2017...) price difference, it’s well worth it.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Had some BTPS in my flask Thursday while camping out at my county’s whiskey event. Bought at the event and cracked last night. Interesting nose with sour stewed fruits and oak. Very sweet, with more stewed fruits on the palate. Almost seemed like it could be port or sherry cask finished or something.
Not an everyday pour but I like it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had an interesting Friday Cigar Lounge trip. Tons of great food being passed around; Buffalo Wings, Hot Grilled Sausages, and Stromboli’s. Whiskey was only so-so though.

This stuff was just yuck...I’m sorry to offend but I had to say it. Luckily I didn’t buy a bottle. Tasted nothing like my beloved Beam Funk

Save me Old Forester!! These guys cleaned me out of this bottle. But that’s why I have spending limits for these kind of whiskies, they’re priced to share.

Thought you guys would get a laugh out of that

Saturday night movie: John Wick 3 paired with Clyde May’s Bourbon