What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Been meaning to do a SBS of these for a while and decided to do it last night. Had my wife pour for a semi-blind SBS. First one ended up being the ORVW. Richer nose of red fruit and oak and a little cinnamon. More of the same on the palate with a little tobacco note at the start of the finish with oak and baking spices.
The OWA has more ethanol on the nose with tart cherries and cinnamon as well. On the palate more of the same but the proof shows a little more than the ORVW. The finish shows almost no oak with more cinnamon redhots and tart cherries.
Definitely can see the similarities but ORVW is richer and more complex and can tell has more age with more oak presence. Can’t believe the new MSRP of OWA, which thankfully hasn’t hit in my county yet, is only $10 less than ORVW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been trying to find their 1910 or their Birthday Bourbon. I've been told both are excellent or "the bees knees" from pre-prohibition times.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've been trying to find their 1910 or their Birthday Bourbon. I've been told both are excellent or "the bees knees" from pre-prohibition times.
They always have 1910 at the store I bought the 1920 at. Let me know if you want me to check the price next time, I can help you out if you need it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thanks I may do that, Are you looking for something?
Ok, I usually pop in there once a week or so.

Only thing I can think of now that's not impossible is one of the variations of Colonel Taylor. Any one of them besides the regular Bottled in Bond. But that's scarce in most places, only time I saw any was last time I was in New Jersey.

As I was typing the response above, just got a delivery of a bottle I've seen looking for for some time. Very excite, Borat!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Only thing I can think of now that's not impossible is one of the variations of Colonel Taylor. Any one of them besides the regular Bottled in Bond. But that's scarce in most places, only time I saw any was last time I was in New Jersey.
Wish I would have known. Passed on an EHT SiB last week.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been meaning to do a SBS of these for a while and decided to do it last night. Had my wife pour for a semi-blind SBS. First one ended up being the ORVW. Richer nose of red fruit and oak and a little cinnamon. More of the same on the palate with a little tobacco note at the start of the finish with oak and baking spices.
The OWA has more ethanol on the nose with tart cherries and cinnamon as well. On the palate more of the same but the proof shows a little more than the ORVW. The finish shows almost no oak with more cinnamon redhots and tart cherries.
Definitely can see the similarities but ORVW is richer and more complex and can tell has more age with more oak presence. Can’t believe the new MSRP of OWA, which thankfully hasn’t hit in my county yet, is only $10 less than ORVW.

Excellent review! I finally found a place near me that sells OWA on the shelf. Too bad it retails for $99.99. One of these days I’m going to ask the owner how he came to that price point. His Eagle Rare is priced at $64.99, so that should explain a lot

Speaking of EHT, has anyone seen the Barrel Proof on the shelf near them and at what price? I’ve never seen it before near me in Jersey. I’ve heard it’s good....like GTS kind of good

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

As I was typing the response above, just got a delivery of a bottle I've seen looking for for some time. Very excite, Borat!

I hear that release might’ve been the best one yet. I’ve had a glass of it and can concur.

Liquor Hound on YouTube picked it for his 2019 Best List. Old Forester Rye also made the list. He has one of the largest personal collections I have ever seen and his reviews are top notch. I think it’s over 2,500 bottles but could be an out of date figure