What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@brianc636 , I can definitely understand why you'd think Booker's drinks like a rye. Seeing the Boston Batch turning up on social media so I'm hoping it's in my local places this week.

Last night's pours:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Went on the motorcycle today looking for a bottle of Booker's Kentucky Chew I left behind a while back.

That bottle was gone, so I took a different route home and popped in a couple Mom&Pop stores along the route. So I end up talking to a liquor rep at one of the stores, and he tells me about this store about 40 miles West that he says has a great selection of both bottles for sale, and opened bottles for pours.

So it's 94* and humid, who wouldn't want an 80 mile round trip on a bike?

Not only found a Kentucky Chew, but also found Smoke Wagon Uncut which has been tough to find around here, And he also had the new Elijah Craig Barrel proof for $49 (cheapest I've ever seen), so I had to get that. :LOL:

Bottom line is I bought 4 bottles because that's all I can carry on my motorcycle (Wide Glide, no bags). Next time I'll take the truck so I can have a couple pours and bring back as much as my budget allows.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on the motorcycle today looking for a bottle of Booker's Kentucky Chew I left behind a while back.

That bottle was gone, so I took a different route home and popped in a couple Mom&Pop stores along the route. So I end up talking to a liquor rep at one of the stores, and he tells me about this store about 40 miles West that he says has a great selection of both bottles for sale, and opened bottles for pours.

So it's 94* and humid, who wouldn't want an 80 mile round trip on a bike?

Not only found a Kentucky Chew, but also found Smoke Wagon Uncut which has been tough to find around here, And he also had the new Elijah Craig Barrel proof for $49 (cheapest I've ever seen), so I had to get that. :LOL:

Bottom line is I bought 4 bottles because that's all I can carry on my motorcycle (Wide Glide, no bags). Next time I'll take the truck so I can have a couple pours and bring back as much as my budget allows.

At dinner tonight with our friends they had the 3rd batch of 2016 bookers in a brand new unopened bottle. I tried to buy it but when he said it was over $200, I kindly passed.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
At dinner tonight with our friends they had the 3rd batch of 2016 bookers in a brand new unopened bottle. I tried to buy it but when he said it was over $200, I kindly passed.
That's pretty pricey. I see many of the '16 batches fetching anywhere from $125-175 on the secondary FB markets. I have yet to buy one, I'm still hoping for a couple in the wild. More fun and less expensive.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3 what's the word on the Smoke Wagon? I know nothing about it.
Several different versions, and the higher priced ones are hot and bringing lots of secondary action. I bought the Uncut/Unfiltered one, it's high proof and in the middle price wise. The tougher to find ones are the Desert Jewel and Single Barrel which are going for big bucks on the secondary market.

After trying it, it's good, but at $75 price point I'm better with Booker's, Stagg Jr or Elijah Craig BP. I likely won't be buying SW again unless I can find the Desert Jewel or SiB at close to MSRP.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Several different versions, and the higher priced ones are hot and bringing lots of secondary action. I bought the Uncut/Unfiltered one, it's high proof and in the middle price wise. The tougher to find ones are the Desert Jewel and Single Barrel which are going for big bucks on the secondary market.

After trying it, it's good, but at $75 price point I'm better with Booker's, Stagg Jr or Elijah Craig BP. I likely won't be buying SW again unless I can find the Desert Jewel or SiB at close to MSRP.
I believe the guy blends different MGP juice. I think he is distilling as well but all the hype is around his blended and single barrel MGP products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk