What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Is that vastly different than the regular 46? Cause I really am not fond of that one..
Really? I'm somewhat surprised to hear that, although I can say I have not had the regular 46 to be fair. This one to me was good. It was a neck pour, so a bit hot, but behind is was a nice depth of flavor. I'm looking forward to trying it in a couple weeks now that it's open.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The JD Barrel Proof? It’s fantastic. Really surprised me, I never expected to find a Jack I loved, but it and the single barrel select won me over big time.
I've got a store pick of the Single Barrel BP, and it's a complex flavor BOMB. I'm with you, never ever would have considered drinking jack daniels, but this stuff is ridiculous.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets.
View attachment 155608
Been trying to score any of those VW bottles for years. But, I won't be prey for the secondary. Have been able to get other HTF bottles but these and the BTAC line up. This year is even tougher I find. So moving on to something I have and enjoy.
Cheers

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Been trying to score any of those VW bottles for years. But, I won't be prey for the secondary. Have been able to get other HTF bottles but these and the BTAC line up. This year is even tougher I find. So moving on to something I have and enjoy.
Cheers
Luckily my county is controlled and everything is MSRP although had to camp out at 8pm the the night before for this one but won’t be doing that anymore I don’t think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Cheers
I’ve been more impressed with store picks of brands I like, before price is even taken into consideration.

Some knob Creek, 1792, ER, BT, and EC picks are mind blowing.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Last couple of nights. 4 winners and 1 clunker.

14+ year pick. A winner.

Light but delicious.

All hail the Ham.

And here's that clunker. Worse than the last pour even after leaving it open several times. I'll try it again next month, and if it doesn't improve it will be a drain pour. Battery acid taste with a minty finish. Undrinkable.

Palate reset. Winner.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I’ve been more impressed with store picks of brands I like, before price is even taken into consideration.

Some knob Creek, 1792, ER, BT, and EC picks are mind blowing.
I agree. Have store picks galore in the basement, Just looking to get things I don't have which has been tough. Back in the day...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Batch 13 last night. It drinks so much hotter than Batch 12, really needed more drops of water than usual to tame this one last night. Delicious once the heat is dialed back a touch.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oh, I’m curious about this!!
OK. The JD is INTENSE. It's a store pick. Bananas foster. Banana liqueur. Intense dark depth. Whereas the MM46 Cask is soft, sweet. Strawberry shortcake with whip cream.

Neither is the winner. Way too different. But both offer something nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cheers
It's a long way from what it used to be. Certainly not worth what the secondary market is asking.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It's a long way from what it used to be. Certainly not worth what the secondary market is asking.
It seems like that’s the case with most of what has a huge secondary markup. The Weller FP is nice, but not significantly better than 107, and certainly nowhere near worth 10+ X retail. People are out of their minds.