What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Bummer! But yeah, cracking it to let some of that ethanol go, and some time with some air to it oughta help it you would think. Amazing what it does for some of those others if we’re thinking along the same lines...
Has it affected the other bookers you’ve had much?
I have had it affect some Booker's, and fortunately it's always been for the better. I can think of at least 3 batches where I was disappointed by the neck pour but happy with subsequent ones.

I really hope something similar happens with the Chapter 3, with all the hype I've heard about it. But I still have some good stuff to drink if it doesn't.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Cracked open an old Booker's last night, Maw Maw Batch (2015-05). Complex, with a wonderful balance between subtle sweetness and delicious heat.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What did you think of Theresas batch @icehog3
Teresa's (2019-01)? I love it, Jeremy. Matt @BourbonBinder calls it "The Funk", and there are so many interesting things going on with the nose, palate and finish that I am never bored. Funny thing is many Booker's enthusiasts think Teresa's is one of the worst batches. I steadfastly disagree.