What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The only other 1792 I have had was the regular Small Batch and I didn't care for it, too light for my palate. So I don't have much experience, but figured the Full Proof would be my best bet since I tend to prefer high proof whiskey.

What are your thoughts on the brand?
I'm a fan, generally. They do a lot of picks, so if you have a trusted LS, try what they get. Some people get a banana flavor they cant get past, just like some get the Beam funk. I can usually get a banana or juicy fruit note from 1792 to some extent, but it's not a deal breaker. Muted for me. Depends on your palate.

The FP is generally good. BiB too. I like them all, actually...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0

This Starlight barrel pick is absolutely insane. I'm trying to keep perspective but I'm blown away by it. Nose is wild. Cinnamon, tea leaves, tobacco, stone fruit, chocolate. Palate is vanilla extract, some slight chocolate, oak, barrel influence, Carmel. It's so good. It's the only starlight product I've had but boy oh boy. Sheesh. As I said, trying not to exaggerate but both times I've had this now I've been stunned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm a fan, generally. They do a lot of picks, so if you have a trusted LS, try what they get. Some people get a banana flavor they cant get past, just like some get the Beam funk. I can usually get a banana or juicy fruit note from 1792 to some extent, but it's not a deal breaker. Muted for me. Depends on your palate.

The FP is generally good. BiB too. I like them all, actually...
Good insight, thank you. I will see if I can't try a couple others (another FP store pick, 12 year) before writing the brand off. Maybe other picks will be better?

This Starlight barrel pick is absolutely insane. I'm trying to keep perspective but I'm blown away by it. Nose is wild. Cinnamon, tea leaves, tobacco, stone fruit, chocolate. Palate is vanilla extract, some slight chocolate, oak, barrel influence, Carmel. It's so good. It's the only starlight product I've had but boy oh boy. Sheesh. As I said, trying not to exaggerate but both times I've had this now I've been stunned.
Is that a store pick, Paul? I know either a sorta local store (Antioch) or local group is doing a Starlight pick, maybe a need to grab one?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Good insight, thank you. I will see if I can't try a couple others (another FP store pick, 12 year) before writing the brand off. Maybe other picks will be better?

Is that a store pick, Paul? I know either a sorta local store (Antioch) or local group is doing a Starlight pick, maybe a need to grab one?
Yes sir. This is a local! Also Antioch is close to you? They do pretty good stuff generally don't they?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Daughters are both October babies, hence the pumpkins
I’m October 2nd lol just made the team

Incredible well curated collection Hendy, amazing simply amazing. How long have you been building it for?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Can’t really say that I’m celebrating anything here because my dog Chance isn’t doing too well and I needed something to take the edge off. He had complete Kidney Failure on #1 with #2 being nursed back to health. He recently celebrated his 12th birthday this past October 28th...another .

He’s been a member of our family since 2013. We adopted Chance from a foster that rescued him from an abusive family that locked him in a dark basement for several years. Took us over a year but we changed his life for the better once before, I know we can do it again.

The foster mom posted this on their Facebook group. Chance had quite a fan following.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Yes sir. This is a local! Also Antioch is close to you? They do pretty good stuff generally don't they?
I have heard great things about Antioch Fine Wine & Spirits but have yet to make it up there. It's managed by a guy in my local FB whiskey group. 40 miles away, I usually reserve trips like that for bourbon to the motorcycle, but I don't think I can wait that long to check them out.

Actually, looks like you're not much farther than me from Antioch. :D

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have heard great things about Antioch Fine Wine & Spirits but have yet to make it up there. It's managed by a guy in my local FB whiskey group. 40 miles away, I usually reserve trips like that for bourbon to the motorcycle, but I don't think I can wait that long to check them out.

Actually, looks like you're not much farther than me from Antioch. :D
Almost in the middle!

Yeah I've heard good things from there for sure.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

When I saw this post and the tasty review I wanted one so I called the distillery to check availability. They said that barrel was part of a group tasting that is no longer available. Good for you...bad for me...lol! I might stop in there next time I hit the bourbon trail. Thanks for the lead.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Can’t really say that I’m celebrating anything here because my dog Chance isn’t doing too well and I needed something to take the edge off. He had complete Kidney Failure on #1 with #2 being nursed back to health. He recently celebrated his 12th birthday this past October 28th...another .

He’s been a member of our family since 2013. We adopted Chance from a foster that rescued him from an abusive family that locked him in a dark basement for several years. Took us over a year but we changed his life for the better once before, I know we can do it again.

The foster mom posted this on their Facebook group. Chance had quite a fan following.

Awesome job with Chance's 1st recovery and I wish you well with your times ahead. Hopefully the previous owners are still locked in a cage somewhere. That Rare Breed will definitely take the edge off.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So pretty I don't have the heart or the pocketbook to open these! The Booker's was barreled in 1993 and bottled in 2000 according to the batch number. They have been sitting on my shelf while I sip other worthy whiskeys and scotches...enjoy the eye candy.

Attachments

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I’m October 2nd lol just made the team

Incredible well curated collection Hendy, amazing simply amazing. How long have you been building it for?

The bar was built 3 years ago (cabin fever build). The vacuum of collecting started shortly afterwards. But all in all, about 2 years into the building of the wall of brown.

Thanks for the comment.