What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Grabbed 3 Knob Creek store picks in a trade and a split. I’ve grabbed all I can recently, I've heard you won’t see store picks over 9 years going forward.

Total Wine 14 yr 9 mth
2 x Longhorn 14 yr 4 mth

I’ve had the Longhorn pick and it is excellent.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Grabbed 3 Knob Creek store picks in a trade and a split. I’ve grabbed all I can recently, I've heard you won’t see store picks over 9 years going forward.

Total Wine 14 yr 9 mth
2 x Longhorn 14 yr 4 mth

I’ve had the Longhorn pick and it is excellent.

That's a smart move. I'm 20+ deep on older KC picks and wont be buying more with the new 9 yr strategy. Big difference...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chattanooga is nailing it. Putting out some killer stuff. The single barrel I have is amazing, and the port finish is fantastic.
So my first drink of this I was kinda put off by it. It was so different than most bourbons. But then after that I really came to enjoy it. I've only had a couple drams since, but the four grain mash bill really comes out. Super unique but such a nice change of pace!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
That's a smart move. I'm 20+ deep on older KC picks and wont be buying more with the new 9 yr strategy. Big difference...
That's deep! Lots of good drinking in your future. (y)

I will grab any more I can find at a reasonable price on secondary. That won't last long either, they've gone from under $70 a few months ago to approaching (and exceeding) $100 now. If I can get solid picks for $75-80 I will grab more.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
How is that?
This was a single barrel 5 year pick. Really liked the first pour, since then it's just ok. Definitely better than the regular version, I'm not a big fan of that. Used to love their (Smooth Ambler) Contradiction when it was 100 proof. Since they dropped it to 92, it isn't the same.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
When backups can be had at a reasonable cost, who am I to decline?

Tommy's (17-01), Front Porch (17-03), Country Ham (19-01), Granny's (20-01).
It's crazy how much you see Bookers posted on this forum compared to others. I'd almost say it's hive mind but I love Bookers too. I'd also add that cigar enthusiasts tend to have more developed palates #ChangeMyMind.

Going back through this thread the evolution has been interesting, a lot of Van Winkle tater flexing in the early posts to value focussed offerings and daily drivers. Good shit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Not a fan of Jack, but I never knew they made a barrel proof.
I don't drink regular JD either, unless I'm on an airline and it's my only whiskey choice. No more since I learned you can bring minis in your carryon .

That one is a single barrel pick for a (semi) local liquor store. I hear the regular release of barrel proof is decent, but the single barrel picks (if you have a store or group that chooses good ones) are another level entirely.