What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
20210808_133105.jpg

blend of 4 to 20 yr bourbons Nose, Palate and Finish soft well balanced typical bourbon profile, barrel notes and corn sweetness. Adding water brought banana and wet cardboard (but not in a bad way) to the nose. Palate and Finish muted with additional water probably because of it's already low proof 41%. In my opinion this is a great example of a good low proof bourbon. If you are new to drinking bourbon neat this may be a good one to start with.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tom, just scored bottles of front porch batch and Teresa’s batch at MSRP this morning.

I was hoping for some C919 but I’ve not been successful yet. I’ve got 4 days left in San Francisco so there’s still hope.
Two great batches, Brian, and at MSRP it's a great score. (y)

Last evening had a pour of each:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
View attachment 163526

blend of 4 to 20 yr bourbons Nose, Palate and Finish soft well balanced typical bourbon profile, barrel notes and corn sweetness. Adding water brought banana and wet cardboard (but not in a bad way) to the nose. Palate and Finish muted with additional water probably because of it's already low proof 41%. In my opinion this is a great example of a good low proof bourbon. If you are new to drinking bourbon neat this may be a good one to start with.
Had to really search for this photo. It was over a year ago last summer. My old downstairs neighbor and smoking buddy had a bottle. It was a first for me. A good example indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
20210809_111739.jpg

sourced (MGP) 95% rye 5% malted barley 45% abv Everyone know this one but on the nose when the spearmint jumps on you it can't be shaken off. Nose and palate are Rye spice and spearmint. Palate and medium long finish are dry. Water kills the spearmint allowing the other rye spices to become more identifiable. Water tames the dryness of the palate and finish. After finishing the pour aromas from the glass reminded me of thick unsulfured molasses. In my opinion this is a pretty decent rye for a sub $30 whiskey

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Had to really search for this photo. It was over a year ago last summer. My old downstairs neighbor and smoking buddy had a bottle. It was a first for me. A good example indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I picked up the 15 year last year, in the gorgeous cut bottle. Haven’t cracked it yet though...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tonight pour. Needs to open up a bit. A few drops of water helped but not enough. I think it’ll get better in a few weeks.

I've had really good experiences with +/- 9 year single barrel store picks, and they're really not much more expensive if you can find them.

Last night I had some 2015 Booker's (Maw Maw, 15-05).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
20210814_134018.jpg

Whistlepig Straight Rye 100/100 100 proof 100% rye 10yrs in oak If you like rye whiskey and all the baking spices and floral and citrus notes rye whiskey gives you you'll like this. it's rye on the nose, rye on the palate and rye on the finish. A bit of oak. Water tames it down a bit and lengthens the finish by reducing the alcohol burn. Personally I prefer the newer release Whistlepig Piggyback Rye as a less intense, less expensive option.